Nightforce spotters

MakitaBoy

FNG
Hey guys I'm looking at picking up a new quality spotter I'm interested in the nightforce spotters does anyone have any firsthand experience with them if so let me know . I'm down to swarovski Leica and nightforce!

Shrek

WKR
Broz and I compared the Nightforce and it's twin the Meopta S2 this fall. It's a very nice spotter for sure. They are basically the same but there might be slightly different glass in them but we couldn't really make out a real difference. The Nightforce might have had an edge but we weren't sure. I just bought a swarovski ATS HD 80mm but I haven't spent any time behind it yet. The Meopta was a straight scope and I decided I like a little kink in my optics so I sold it. If it had been an angled scope I would still have it as the performance was everything I could want.

WRO

WKR
I've played with the meopta/Euro a bit. For the money its a good scope, definitely better than vortex at that price. Its close to the S series Swaro, but not in the same class as the X series. That being said, the X series is as good as it gets.

ATR1

FNG
I just picked up a night force TS-82 KIT. All the reviews I read are good. Should have it this week.. Anyone have one to give some feed back?

ATR1

FNG
I took my new NF TS 82 spotter to the range yesterday. 1st spotter owned. Is it typical to struggle with seeing bullet holes at 300yd. paper target? Target is typical black with fluorescent green holes on impact. I bought the scope thinking I would be able to see targets at 500yds to work on my long range shooting. Am I doing something wrong? I had it turned all the way up. I watched the F/S review which sounded like the guy could see out to 600yds on target. Thx

dotman

WKR
I took my new NF TS 82 spotter to the range yesterday. 1st spotter owned. Is it typical to struggle with seeing bullet holes at 300yd. paper target? Target is typical black with fluorescent green holes on impact. I bought the scope thinking I would be able to see targets at 500yds to work on my long range shooting. Am I doing something wrong? I had it turned all the way up. I watched the F/S review which sounded like the guy could see out to 600yds on target. Thx

You should be able too, were you on max zoom?

wapitibob

WKR
I used one for a cpl weeks in WY. Better than my $400 private label Vortex but it isn't Leica/Swaro good.
I see my 7mm holes in paper at 300 with that cheap $400 spotter.

WestNE

WKR
I was under the impression that these were Meopta S2 clones, should be given their price. Maybe worth a call to Nightforce.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ATR1

FNG
I believe so. I sent NF email on this today. Since its my 1st spotter maybe I am doing something wrong.

UPDATE: Went to the range yesterday 3pm. Was able to see much better do to the sun not blaring on my target causing mirage at 300yds.. Very clear and crisp. I did notify NF customer service. They were great to respond. I think it was the Indian and not the arrow in this instance. Still learning.

Last edited:

choovhntr

WKR
I have the meopta and have looked through the NF as well. After a ton of hours of research on the two, it seems that the glass is the same in both of them with NF putting a slightly different coating on the lens. I couldn’t really tell the difference between the two. Especially for the price difference. To me the meopta is every bit as good as the s-series swaro. It is however a bit heavier.