Rangefinder help...!!

ElkNut1

WKR
It's like most rangefinders, one click turns it on & the 2nd click gives the reading! The Vortex 1000 had 3 clicks. One to turn on & 2 to range. I got used to it fairly quick, I hit the button when I grabbed for it & then the 2 clicks afterward. I like 2 clicks better than 3 but it still worked out fine. No problem staying on target at all.

ElkNut1

bradb

WKR
I sold my geovids(older model) button on the wrong side for a right hander and by no means ideal for bow hunting. They are very nice, just a few things I prefer different

elkguide

WKR
I sold my geovids(older model) button on the wrong side for a right hander and by no means ideal for bow hunting. They are very nice, just a few things I prefer different

Great glass.
Great rangefinder capabilities.
Button on the wrong side.............deal breaker.

I bought a 1200i with TBR a few months ago used. It looked new and came with box, paperwork, etc. Problem was that I went to use it on a late season cow hunt and it was slow to range and didn't range past 350-400 yards. I was really disappointed. Obviously I didn't spend much time with it since I got it right before the hunt.
When I got back I sent it in to Leupold. They sent me a brand new one 2 weeks later no questions asked. The note said it had a bad chip or processor or something. The new one is super fast and I ranged past 500-600 yards as soon as I got it. I like the 1200i a lot, just make sure you don't get a lemon, but they'll take care of you if you do.

Takeem406

WKR
Leica Rangemaster is probably the better option on the market. I've had mine for almost a decade and it's been dropped, left in a hot vehicle for entire summers, exposed to call different weather conditions and still is working like new. The glass is great and the display is bright and sharp.
I also bought a Leupold Rx 1000. It's no Leica but it seems to function fairly well. I haven't really used it much.

WRM

WKR
Be careful on the craigslist Swaro. Recently, I was watching a Swaro ATX (eyepiece and 95 mm body) on ebay that was at $600 with 12 hours to go--NIB--listed by seller in Russian Federation with no feedback and that was their only listing. I called ebay to check on their coverage for this item. After they assured me multiple times I was covered "no matter what", the listing was pulled within 2 hours.

My concern would be whether this might be counterfeit. The Chinese can pump out anything. Look at all the gear that has an "airsoft" version. Leupold has a warning on its website about counterfeit goods. At least get serial number and call Swaro to see if it is legit number and whether it has ever been registered with them for warranty.

I bought a new Vortex 1000 off a fellow Rokslider for archery. I wanted it, as mentioned by others, primarily for the warranty. That said, I don't have an issue with the functionality (3 clicks or not).

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm thinking of listing up my Nikon Rifle Hunter 1000 if you haven't picked a RF up yet.

dotman

WKR
It's like most rangefinders, one click turns it on & the 2nd click gives the reading! The Vortex 1000 had 3 clicks. One to turn on & 2 to range. I got used to it fairly quick, I hit the button when I grabbed for it & then the 2 clicks afterward. I like 2 clicks better than 3 but it still worked out fine. No problem staying on target at all.

ElkNut1

All my vortex have green tint compared to my swaro and Zeiss. I like my vortex RF.

Yankee

FNG
I have the Nikon Rifleman 1000 and just picked up a Vortex RF at an RMEF auction. My Vortex only takes two clicks to turn on and range? It's slower than my Nikon, but better image and view of the cross hairs and yardage. I've taken multiple ranges of the same object and had it shift by 2-3 yards, so I'm still comparing head to head with my Nikon before taking eh Vortex out into the woods.

WRM

WKR
You must have the Vortex 1500. It only takes two clicks. The 1000 is a 3 clicker.

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the Lieca 1000 and the 1600 both have the Hbr mode , will they both give the the coorect angle compensated range for bow hunting
I have used both for long range shooting, i feel realy stupid even asking this but have no incline high enough to see the dufference.
Thanks

hello everyone!! I'm new on http://www.rokslide.com/forums. my Hobby is hunting. in last month I went to montana for hunting ELK with my new vortex ranger 1000. It was awesome. It is very similar to the leupold in both size and weight, it has 2 large buttons on the top of the unit. Vortex provides a belt clip pre-attached at the factory designed to be removed and installed on either side at the user’s discretion.
I think you should purchase that one. Best wishes for you buddy!!

Used it once and i like it. Excellent construction, compact size and simplicity. Just two buttons on top of unit. MODE button switches between meters and yards. POWER button turns unit on and when depressed & held down gives yards to the pin or scans the field. Unit shuts off automatically. Great price, solid customer service and ease of use. Best golf accessory I've purchased in years.

A couple months ago I went to La Sal, La Sal Mountain with my wife for hunting ELK. That time I bought Rx-1200i TBR Rangefinder. It has a Bow mode and a LOS mode. It is not night Vision but as long as you can see your target it will give you a distance. Easy to use, accurate, and compact. Really Great… Great… Great… Rangefinder.