Rangefinder help...!!

Leupold from your list for sure
The issue I have with my Leupold 1200 is the data is not lit up and hard to see in thick timber/low light.
I bought a Leica as it has a red lit up read out. But the Leupold is super fast one click to turn on, then one click to range, and one click after that while it is on for each range, no double clicking or triple clicking.

Out of your list - Leupold

smith931

FNG
Hi there,
In my experience Nikon Prostaff is best. It’s an awesome rangefinder at a reasonable price. The rangefinder is very Accurate, works quickly and give bright, clear images. You can try this.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
I’ve had Leica, Bushnell, Vortex and Sig. I really liked the Sig kilo 2k, the Vortex ended up turning to garbage and the Leica is out of budget. The Bushnell I had was from years ago so can’t really comment on them today.

Being you want a good inexpensive model I highly recommend the Sig 850, I got mine from Sportsman’s Warehouse for $139 shipped, it is better then the vortex and old Bushnell and way cheaper then the Sig 2200 or a used Sig 2000. I picked it up as a backup to my rangefinding binos after having an issue with them and was surprisingly shocked at the value.

So being on a budget and needing a good rangerfinder I would recommend spending the $139 on the Sig 850 and put the savings from spending $300 - $400 into a good quality pack, boots or binos.

Truthfully all you need is a reliable unit, once you are hunting it’ll be one of your least used items compared to a pack, boots, bino, sleep system, socks etc.

But I’m sure the OP already purchased being this thread is almost 2 years old!!!! Talk about giving late advice.

Last edited:

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Double clicks sounds terrible for accurate ranging.....

Exactly my thoughts!! But hey, when it breaks on them and destroys the hunt, vortex will send you a new one with their full proof Walmart warranty. I have a hard time putting my money on a company that spends all its time talking about when it breaks we will fix it no questions asked. With the list you said, I’d go Leupold, BUT if it were me I would grab a used Leica CRF and never look back. The clarity is second to none.