TRACT Binos?

Anyone have any experience with this new company? I'm upgrading my old Nikon monarch 10x42's. Looking at Vortex razors or vipers but came across this new Tract brand. Don't know what to make of them. Couldn't find any reviews except on their website. Their Flagship Bino is a 10x42 Toric and its around $664. And advice or experience would help. Thanks.

Fire_9

WKR
I've been able to put my hands on a pair and they're not bad. I was comparing them to an old set of 32mm swaros and they were comparable. I haven't looked through many mid range binos lately so I don't know how they will stack up against others in that price range. Nice thing is they will send them to you and if you don't like them you can send them back.

AGPank

WKR
My concern with these new companies is how long will they be around. Who makes the binoculars? $600 isn't cheap, for a little more used, you can pick up a more well known brand with some history.

I saw a couple of adds, thought they sounded a lot like Maven.

dotman

WKR
My concern with these new companies is how long will they be around. Who makes the binoculars? $600 isn't cheap, for a little more used, you can pick up a more well known brand with some history.

I saw a couple of adds, thought they sounded a lot like Maven.

X2.... I'm all for competition but no way I'll be a test subject at these prices.

cg2737

WKR
I got to see Tract and Maven both for the first time in Harrisburg PA at the Outdoor Show. I really liked both companies binoculars. Tract were very comfortable to hold and adjusted smoothly. I was also impressed with the scopes they had on display, not for sale yet. Tract is a subsidiary of Wasp Archery. The owners and engineers were at the show and answered questions without pushing their product. If you have any questions I would email them direct. I for one hope they do well. Competition is a great thing.

HookUp

WKR
Asian glass most likely coming out of a factory producing other known brands as well. I have a hard time getting excited about mid-range glass, they are far more similar than different. A quick peak through fluorescent lighting mid-range binos look almost as good as Swaro for half or a quarter the price. Spend 8 hours behind them and tell me how they compare to Alpha glass.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Most glass looks good under bright lights.

If I remember it right Tract optics was a couple of ex-employees from Nikon.

Fire_9

WKR
I believe Ryan is correct that it was a couple guys from Nikon that got the ball rolling. Spending that much for a pair of binos from a no name company would be tough though. I have access to a couple of their scopes. If I can get them mounted up and put a few rounds down ranges I'll let you guys know how they function.

WRO

WKR
All of the new optics companies are not Manufacturers, they are branding companies that get Kyocero, Komachura, or another asian glass company to build glasses to their specifications. Its the same thing Nikon, Vortex, Bushnell, Leupold, Redfield, and others do. It's all the same shit, just with a different wrapper.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
After reading this post, I looked Tract up and they actually look very intriguing. Like their philosophy and business model.
May just give one a try and see how they look---can't hardly go wrong with their free field trial.

Randy

JL@TRACT

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello all,
My name is Jon LaCorte and I am one of the guys that started TRACT Optics. I just wanted to chime in to answer some of the questions on the thread. Yes, my partner and I are former employees of Nikon Sport Optics. Yes, our products are made in the same factories as many of the big name brands. What we feel makes us different is the fact that we are not selling through retailers. Most retailers mark the manufacturers products up anywhere between 30-40%. The consumer is paying for this markup. With TRACT we sell directly to you, cutting out the middleman and providing what we feel is a superior product at a much better value. As far as being a new company...I can totally understand the apprehension of purchasing from a new company, however, every company has started somewhere. We are not new to the optics category and are committed to being focused on the consumer. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if I can be of help in any way.

Rizzy

WKR
Great Post Jon! It's nice to hear from real people that are behind the company.
Is there any spotting scopes in the works?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I spoke with Jon this morning about binos and the upcoming riflescopes. Very helpful gentleman and as I've said before, I like their business model. He did tell me that the scopes had schott glass in them and I am looking forward to getting one of these and maybe do a review.

Randy

JL@TRACT

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Great Post Jon! It's nice to hear from real people that are behind the company.
Is there any spotting scopes in the works?

We hope to add spotting scopes at some point in the future, but do not have any plans at the moment. For now, we are concentrating on Binoculars and Riflescopes and hopefully as we grow we can expand into additional optics categories

These look very interesting... could be good competition for the Conquest/Euro lines... very tempting to try with the 7 day trial...
I'll be watching these closely.

Best of luck!