TRACT Binos?

FYI Tract is running a sale $100 off on both Toric lines. I just ordered a 10x42 and will give some feedback when I get them and test.

Fireguy

WKR
I have a pair of their 10x42's - the Toric model. I bought them this summer. I sold my 10x42s as I almost always used 15x bino's with 8x32's around my neck. In the past I have owned the Razor HD, Conquest HD, Swaro SLC HD and Zeiss Victory HT - all in 10x42. The Tract bino's compare VERY well with all the above binoculars. I was comfortably rate them as better than the Razor and Conquest, and damn close to the Swaro and Zeiss. I was told that they are made in the same factory as the Conquest and Razor.

I really like them. The price was right and after speaking with the founders for a while I figured what the heck. If they equal the Razor's performance and I can get them for $650 it is a great deal. After using them for a while I'm very happy that I bought them. The image is very clear and crisp. The bino's feel very solid and great in the hand, the grey rubber coating is nice. I don't think you can go wrong. Give the Tract guys a call and talk with them.

Fireguy

WKR
How are you liking those TRACT binos? I'm curious if anybody else has feedback on them?

I like them a lot. They are really growing on my. Been using them last couple days on a coues deer hunt and really impressed with the clarity. They are so good I don't see my self going to any other 10x42, and I'm a bino slut. I'll still be using my Swaro 15x56 HD's the majority of the time.

Love them

I just purchased the TRACT TORIC 10x42's. I am going to say without a doubt that these are the best optics I have ever owned. I was worried about the company being new, but after talking with Jon at Tract, I agreed that they are really on to something here. So I took my new TORIC's down to Sportsmans and looked side by side with sworvosikis. I am a firm believer in the company, the optics and I will spend my money with these guys any day.

The packaging was awesome! No way they were getting damaged in shipment. They are sturdy, not worried about them being busted from bouncing around. I was also worried about 10x42 as I seem to be a little shaky. I am very glad that I ended up going with the 10x42 as they work perfect for me here in Oregon!

I am all about supporting local, so I understand the people that want to shop at the local sporting goods store. However, I also believe in saving money, having the right tool for the job, and supporting a company that truly cares about their brand and their customers. Cutting out all the middle men in the optic equation fit for me, and I am going to do it again when they offer spotting scopes.

Hope this helps people make the decision.

Josh

Josey D

FNG
Thanks Josh,
I appreciate an honest opinion on the 10x42s. We lost a set of Leica 10x42s down the mtn this fall & as soon as I hear from Jon today I am going to replace them with the Toric. If they work out great I will sell my 8x's & replace them as well.

Thanks Josh,
I appreciate an honest opinion on the 10x42s. We lost a set of Leica 10x42s down the mtn this fall & as soon as I hear from Jon today I am going to replace them with the Toric. If they work out great I will sell my 8x's & replace them as well.

I am sure that you will be selling the 8x's. These are very nice. So nice, that I think scouting will become a hobby as well. I hope they have plans to manufacture spotting scopes in the near future so that I can actually afford one. I have a nikon one right now, forget the name of it, but these new 10x42 from Tract are actually better to use than that!

Good luck and let me know how they compare for you!

Josh

Fireguy

WKR
If I had one complaint it would be I wish I had gotten the 8 power binos. Anymore I prefer 8's around my neck and 15's on the tripod. I may end up selling these and ordering the 8 powers.

Even if these are a rebranded Razor HD, I'd say they'd be worth it at that price point. I'm still going with Swaros, but maybe if these guys ever get their spotting scopes off the ground I could be persuaded to try one out.

Even if these are a rebranded Razor HD, I'd say they'd be worth it at that price point. I'm still going with Swaros, but maybe if these guys ever get their spotting scopes off the ground I could be persuaded to try one out.

Yes, I am looking forward to getting a spotting scope from them if and when they offer it.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had a chance to give the Tract Binos a decent evaluation and shakeout? I'm planning on getting some decent glass ($1K or less) before this fall and was wondering if I should consider them.