Maven Coupon Code Question

twall13

WKR
So I'm ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Maven B2's but recently found a couple of coupon codes. The first code is probably the one I'll use, NWTF-16 which gets me 10% off so I can either pick a stock optic of my choice for the same price as a demo or bring my customized price down closer to the stock optics pricing.

The second coupon code is from the Natural Born Hunter podcast. They say to plug in the code NBHGIFT for a "free gift". When I plug it in it takes $1 off the purchase price but doesn't show me what the gift might be. So I'm just wondering if anyone has actually used this code and if so what was the "free gift"? The novelty of a gift is tempting to just order a demo unit and see what it is (likely a hat or a t-shirt but possibly a lens cleaning kit or some lens protectors?). I'll likely end up with some customized B2's in the future but the code has my curiosity peaked. Anyone know more about it?

Last edited:
OP
twall13

twall13

WKR
The NGHGIFT code only works on new optics not demos and I am surprised you found a 10% off code since they are a direct sale company and don't usually off discount codes.
I was surprised to find it too. Someone from this forum posted it up awhile ago. It actually gives some % of the proceeds to the NWTF as well so I really am planning on using that code I was just curious about the other one.

I noticed that the demos aren't supposed to accept codes but it took a dollar off the same as the custom ones did with the NBHGIFT code.

OP
twall13

twall13

WKR
Thanks for the input guys. I figured the Natural Born Hunter code would be for "swag" or something similar and that looks to be the case. I'll be placing my custom optics order later today using the NWTF code.

Last edited:
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some Maven B2's, the NWFT-16 code doesn't seem to be working any longer. Does anyone know of a new one or any other special deals that are offering. A quick google search didn't turn up anything, but thought I would check.

OP
twall13

twall13

WKR
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some Maven B2's, the NWFT-16 code doesn't seem to be working any longer. Does anyone know of a new one or any other special deals that are offering. A quick google search didn't turn up anything, but thought I would check.

I just checked, the NWTF-16 Code still works. In your post you have the F and the T mixed up, that might be the issue. The only other reason I can think that it wouldn't work is if you are trying to use it to buy demo optics. The code doesn't apply to the demo program, only stock or custom optics.

Edit: It looks like I had it mixed up in the original post as well, sorry for the confusion. I've edited the OP to reflect the code that actually works.

Ha, that fixed it, had the T and F backwards. I copied it and was pasting it in from the original post you had. Thanks for catching that, saved me $100!

Did you end up getting any mavens?

I did, I got some custom B2's and I'm loving them. If you are interested I wrote up a review with my take on them, but recognize I'm no optics expert. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optics/46618-binocular-comparison-optics-novice.html?highlight=optics+novice

Nice, thanks for the write up, I think I am going to go with the 11x45's because with their size I will use them more on the tripod and the extra magnification would fill a good gap in my optics right now. Glad you are enjoying yours...I've yet to read anything bad about mavens, so I hope I am making the right move as opposed to the $2800 12x50 Swaro EL's....

OP
twall13

twall13

WKR
Without looking through them I'd guess the Swarovski ' s are better glass. I personally have a tough time justifying the extra cost for what can only be a slight gain in performance but again, I haven't looked through Swaros. I'm plenty happy with the Mavens. The only drawback I see to the Mavens is they weigh a bit more than the competition but for the savings I'm okay with that.

If you plan to use them mostly on a tripod the 11x is probably the right choice for you. Good luck.

Without looking through them I'd guess the Swarovski ' s are better glass. I personally have a tough time justifying the extra cost for what can only be a slight gain in performance but again, I haven't looked through Swaros. I'm plenty happy with the Mavens. The only drawback I see to the Mavens is they weigh a bit more than the competition but for the savings I'm okay with that.

If you plan to use them mostly on a tripod the 11x is probably the right choice for you. Good luck.

Yes, I have a swaro scope on my 300wsm, and it is superior to my vx6 Leopoldo I have, so I know swaro is awesome, I just can swallow $2800 right now. I have scoured the internet today including birding forums and the b2's get a lot of love.

I went ahead and just pulled the trigger on the 11's so finger crossed that they work for me! And thanks for saving me $110 by correcting that code!

Use code CHOLIDAY-19 for 20% off the C-Series. Valid from Dec. 3-31st.
Code C3150-BF gets you $150 off the C-3 10 by 50 and the 12 by 50's for Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday.