AGC Bino Harnesses

Old thread revival:
I bought a Kodiak CUB max this year and used it first time today. I have the hydration pouch for it too and had it set up that way originally but too that off today and put on the shoulder harness only. Seems fine except the pouch hangs too low even with the strap shortened all the way and then the tether straps have to be lengthened out a bit so I'm not lifting the pouch up when looking through the binoculars, but after that adjustment if I let the binoculars hang from the tethers they are below the pouch and nearly hitting me in the nuts. The tri-glide that the tether threads through is too low. I'm thinking of cutting the buckle strap loose and resewing about 2 inches higher on the shoulder harness, that should provide enough adjustment room.

Anyone else have problems with the length, hangs too low, almost on my stomach instead of on the chest? It's pretty secure and wasn't flopping around any and I like the extra pockets. I have an FHF to compare to and fortunately they use the same buckles on the tether straps so I can swap binoculars when needed without having to change straps.

you can get it to sit a little higher if you cut the side release buckles off the top and replace them with split bar ladderlocs.

I figured out a workaround and this pouch is working pretty good now. I think it's more comfortable with the hydration pouch attached instead of the shoulder straps, the hydro pouch balances the weight of the binos. To get the pouch a little higher I took the strap out of the triglide and ran it up under the molle straps and through the triglide to the second molle strap. Over that strap and through the triglide again then through the snap buckle and back up through the triglide. This raised the bino pouch a little higher and moved the triglide a lot higher so the bino tethers are in the correct position for me. With the binoculars hanging on the tethers they are on the front of the pouch, not hanging below it. Wore this on Tuesday out hunting and it worked really good, and after 6 miles of hiking and dragging deer out it was still completely unobtrusive.