Zeiss binoc tripod adapter

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of Zeiss 10x30mc binocs I want to mount to my vanguard tripod. Problem is, there's no factory mount for the adapter on my binocs. Any suggestions?

DRUSS

WKR
bog gear makes a universal mount that may work for you, i just contacted zeiss about this for my 12x 56mm victory that i own they make a universal adapter as well that is supposed to work. i haven't ordered it yet but will be soon.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
The Zeiss Conquest HD has a 1/4" 20 thread in it. So just about any bino tripod adapter would work. I picked up the Field Optics Research Rapid-Release Binocular Adapter on a Manfrotto BeFree carbon fiber tripod and 700R2 fluid ballhead. Love it this set up.

I think the Zeiss adapter is $250. I spent $25. Call Zeiss and see what threads are in the binoculars.

Access Denied

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wondering the same thing and after seeing this thread I did some research, looks like Conquest HD use 1/4-20 threads, same as the Vortex adapter that I already have, so I'm hoping that will work when they get here next week!

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wondering the same thing and after seeing this thread I did some research, looks like Conquest HD use 1/4-20 threads, same as the Vortex adapter that I already have, so I'm hoping that will work when they get here next week!

It does use 1/4" 20. The adapter you have should work. But removing the thread cover for the tripod adapter is extremely difficult. It screws off and there is no good way to grab it. I'm a demolition contractor (I break things for a living), and I had a really hard time getting it out. I called Zeiss and asked what I was doing wrong. Even they said its near impossible to remove by hand. I'm not sure why Zeiss took something that was designed for the user to remove and made it this way.

BTW, I love the Conquest HD 10x42 I just bought. Just not that darn thread cover... Good luck.

kpk

WKR
I recently got the bog pod bino adaptor for my leicas. It works well and I think it was only 40 bucks on amazon.

dotman

WKR
It does use 1/4" 20. The adapter you have should work. But removing the thread cover for the tripod adapter is extremely difficult. It screws off and there is no good way to grab it. I'm a demolition contractor (I break things for a living), and I had a really hard time getting it out. I called Zeiss and asked what I was doing wrong. Even they said its near impossible to remove by hand. I'm not sure why Zeiss took something that was designed for the user to remove and made it this way.

BTW, I love the Conquest HD 10x42 I just bought. Just not that darn thread cover... Good luck.

On the latest builds in the last year or so they made it easy to unscrew. Prior years you had to slowly drill it out and then it would come apart. I wrote up a thread on it a few years ago under the diy section.

*This is only for the Conquest HD, I'm not sure if the prior version non HD conquest had this which is what the OP has*

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you everyone for the solid info, I just ordered a demo set of 8x42 Conquests from RedHawkRifles for $699 (and free shipping!), I know they are the Conquest HD, hopefully they are the latest batch with the easy to remove thread cover!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got some from redhawk last year it was simply unscrew the cover and screw in adaptor. I'm a big fan of the field optic adaptor and I've tried them all

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
On the latest builds in the last year or so they made it easy to unscrew. Prior years you had to slowly drill it out and then it would come apart. I wrote up a thread on it a few years ago under the diy section.

*This is only for the Conquest HD, I'm not sure if the prior version non HD conquest had this which is what the OP has*

Mine must have been an older pair. I broke the plastic head off the threads and had to drill it out and pick the top thread out to start a tap. What a pita... I'm glad they fixed it with a better part. But am not happy I had to fight mine.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you everyone for the solid info, I just ordered a demo set of 8x42 Conquests from RedHawkRifles for $699 (and free shipping!), I know they are the Conquest HD, hopefully they are the latest batch with the easy to remove thread cover!

That's a great deal.

dotman

WKR

Should be fine, last years demos unscrewed easily from redhawk. The demos should be from this year.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Okay so I received my Zeiss Conquest 8x42 binos and they are sweet! Now for the silly question- the cap covering the thread is in the front of the binos, not on the back with the center focus adjustment, right? Would you just twist it off with pliers? Doesn't look like any way to get it off with your fingers.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
It's in the front.

2v99283.jpg

I have the 15x56 Zeiss conquest. I had the field optics adaptor for them. I ended up selling it. It is really hard to remove the binos from the post....and near impossible with gloves. I sold it, and some other gear, and invested in the Outdoorsmans setup. I am glad I did......its pricey....but man.....is it nice.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Well I can confirm that the $19 Vortex adapter works with the Zeiss Conquest, you have to unscrew the adapter before wearing or stowing the binos but shouldn't be a big deal, only a couple turns and can leave it attached to the tripod if you feel like it.

spotfire

FNG
What did you do to install the Outdoorsmans stud onto the Zeiss binos? I have the "standard" stud. The thread size is right, but the flange won't fit in the recess on the front of the binos. Either the stud needs a smaller flange or the front of the binos needs to be hollowed out, or a longer thread on the stud might work too. Suggestions?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What did you do to install the Outdoorsmans stud onto the Zeiss binos? I have the "standard" stud. The thread size is right, but the flange won't fit in the recess on the front of the binos. Either the stud needs a smaller flange or the front of the binos needs to be hollowed out, or a longer thread on the stud might work too. Suggestions?

I have zeiss conquest with the outdoorsmans, my recollection is the armor hole is a tad smaller than the stud flange but the armor is flexible and just opened up when threading the stud in completely.

spotfire

FNG
I have zeiss conquest with the outdoorsmans, my recollection is the armor hole is a tad smaller than the stud flange but the armor is flexible and just opened up when threading the stud in completely.

Got it! It's snug at first, but fits perfectly and looks like factory done when it's on. Thanks!