Maven B2

Clarktar

WKR
Has anyone attempted to mount their mavens to a tripod?

I am thinking of trying and wanted to see if anyone had first hand knowledge. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Nevermind, I see they have an adapter on there website!

I have the outdoorsman stud and adapter on my B2's...you want the one that says it fits "pentax/khales" binos - that is the standard thread size.

Also, I tried both the Field Optics one and the Outdoorsmans...both work fine, but I preferred the connecting and removal ease of the outdoorsman setup.

What B2's did you go with? I love my 11x45's so far

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
9x45. Thanks white

twall13

WKR
I have the outdoorsman stud and adapter on my B2's...you want the one that says it fits "pentax/khales" binos - that is the standard thread size.

Also, I tried both the Field Optics one and the Outdoorsmans...both work fine, but I preferred the connecting and removal ease of the outdoorsman setup.

What B2's did you go with? I love my 11x45's so far

I did the same comparison with my B2's and I also prefer the Outdoorsman adapter. They both work well, and honestly, for the price the Field Optics Research is hard to beat but I just felt like the Outdoorsmans would be easier to use with cold hands.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
So what exactly do I need from outdoorsman to make this work? Do I have to mail binos in?

twall13

WKR
You don't need to mail the binos in with the B2's. I think you do for some of the Swaros, but the B2's you can just order what you need and install it at home. Go to this link and pick tall or short (I went with tall but I'm not sure it's necessary on the B2's). It comes with a stud that screws in and stays attached to your Binos. See the pic below for clarification. I did mention it was for Maven B2's in the comments when I placed my order but I'm not sure it matters.

Outdoorsman Stud on the Maven's, Field Optics Research on the Nikons
20160608_215336

Field Optics Research on left, Outdoorsmans on right
20160608_215757

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks. ORDERED. Should be fun to run tripod mounted binos. They are only 9x45s but I bet it will still help..

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 9x45 B2's and I just found out about the Field Optics research connector. It looks like a great little unit.

Does anyone have a solution to quickly attaching your binos back to your harness? I have a S4 Gear harness and the plastic clips + plastic o-rings on the Mavens are kind of a pain.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. ORDERED. Should be fun to run tripod mounted binos. They are only 9x45s but I bet it will still help..
Binos, regardless of size, on a tripod is a game changer! I'm running my B2's on the vortex adapter that I had.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TeaGull

FNG
I have 11x45 B2 on the short outdoorsmans adapter with the Pentax/khales stud as mentioned above. Everything fits well.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Great, Jmden made me a sit pad last year. Pretty cool piece

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Ok, so the Outdoors man adapter came, but there is no stud, or screw the spin into the binos and then thread the adapter to. Was I supposed to order this separately or did Outdoorman forget to include with the adapter?

jspradley

WKR
Ok, so the Outdoors man adapter came, but there is no stud, or screw the spin into the binos and then thread the adapter to. Was I supposed to order this separately or did Outdoorman forget to include with the adapter?
That's a separate part, there are a few different models, I'd give them a call and tell them which model you have and ask which stud you need

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
It's a separate part but it's supposed to be included with the adapter purchase. I'd contact them and get them to send it to you. They are good guys I'm sure they will take care of you.