Cabela's Binoculars

Does anyone know about the Cabela's Outfitter Series or Guide Series 10x42 binos? Outfitters were originally, 419.99 marked down to 249.88 plus with 20% code 16SAVINGS, the price comes down to 199.90. The Guides were 349.99 marked down to 199.88 and the code takes them to 159.90. Seems like a decent deal for entry level binos.

tommy1005

FNG
I looked at them today, but didn't feel they were any better than my Leopold Cascades. I also looked at the Cabelas/Vortex Intrepid 10x42, which were very nice, but I felt like the Vortex Viper HD 10x42 were better to my eyes. I also made the mistake of looking at the Razor HD 10x42 and 12x50's, so my $600 budget just doubled. I now realize why people pay $1000+ for binoculars.

If you don't have a decent pair of 10x42's, then I would get one of the Cabelas sets, hard to beat for under $200, but if you're trying to upgrade from a lower-middle class optic, I would save my money to get into the Razors, Meoptas, or Mavens. I really have the itch now to get a pair of Maven 11x45's or the Razor 12x50's before my 2017 hunts.

micus

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man, check out a set of Minox. Made in Germany for the price of off shore glass. They punch way out of their weight class. I had been using them on hikes, quad trips, hunting the past 3 years. I just got a set of SLC's which they aren't as good as, but they are certainly as good or better than the Vipers I was looking at for my fiancée this past week.

Mike.

GKPrice

Banned
Hey man, check out a set of Minox. Made in Germany for the price of off shore glass. They punch way out of their weight class. I had been using them on hikes, quad trips, hunting the past 3 years. I just got a set of SLC's which they aren't as good as, but they are certainly as good or better than the Vipers I was looking at for my fiancée this past week.

Mike.

^^^^ what micus says ^^^^ I bought a pair to give to last year's guide assistant for a tip and very nearly kept them, they were very good and a very fair price