iPhone 7 digiscoping

dotman

WKR
I'm not sure why guys have a $600 phone and a $2,300 spotter, with untold amounts of money in other gear, but they can't fork out the $50 for the phone skope. Lol!

I use an iPhone 7 and take another 6 as a backup to use with the phone scope. For filming or pictures, for the love of baby Jesus, quit using the stock phone app. Go spend $10 on the app called Filmic Pro. It lets you lock the focus so the phone isn't searching. Manual or auto set the white balance, and ISO. The newest update has a ton of custom affects to correct. This is great when the phone is on the spotter.

Don't forget a battery backup for charging in the field. iPhone is dead after a bit when running the camera. I've got two of these Anker batteries (link). You're good for 6-8 full charges on the phone without needing a solar panel or plugging up to the truck.

Amazon.com: Anker PowerCore Speed 10000 QC, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Portable Charger with Power IQ, Power Bank for Samsung, iPhone, iPad and More: Cell Phones & Accessories

Have you tried the manual app? Filmic pro only is for video, but the manual app looks promising and is only $4. I purchased both. The Manual App even lets you shoot in raw!!

Manual for iPhone

Last edited:

frankrb3

WKR
Would highly suggesting getting the shutter button. When you tap your phone to take a picture it bounces the phone and scope, thus you don't get a good picture.

A cheaper way to avoid this is just put your phones camera on a 3 second delay. Phone will stop moving by the time it takes the picture.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the review of the novegrade adapter that Rokslide member Matt Cashell did. You'll never have to buy another unit.