SIG Kilo 2400 ABS review *Updated 3-26-18*

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Couple questions Justin... Does this do angle compensation at shorter archery type ranges like 30-60 yards? Yes it does. I have been able to get ranges as low as 5 yds and the angle modified range (AMR) works at any distance.

Also how does the windage work when NOT using your phone and supplyed wind meter. Do you set wind on the unit and the direction? If so is this something that can be done on the fly quickly.

Example would be 1000 yard shot. 10 mph wind at 3 O'Clock. Spin drift is roughly .5 moa. Wind pushes roughly 4 moa so hold would be 3.5 moa.

Can a guy put in 10 mph at 3 o'clock into the range finder and get a windage readout accounting for spindrift and other factors?
You can input the wind speed and direction without a smartphone by holding the MODE button on the side until you enter programming mode, then you scroll through options by pressing the button repeatedly and make changes by pressing the RANGE button.

If wind is at 0 does it still spit out a windage correction for spindrift? Yes

Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Hopefully that answers what you were asking? Let me know if I missed anything.

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a rank amateur when it comes to long range shooting, but this thing seems pretty damn sweet to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridge

WKR
These are cool I got my hands on one at shot but the rep there said the msrp was $1400 big jump unless you dont already have everthing else

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
5cd865f6aea1a0ef616bd3b4949a1ece.jpg

5cb18bc5d1b411f29ba1bbed8930c46c.jpg

Scottyboy

WKR
Great info on this! I didn't realize the RF spit out the moa/mil correction without needing the phone. That all about seals the deal for me in this unit! Thanks again for another outstanding review. Scott

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Will be interesting to see your thoughts and compare to what others are getting. For the most parts the reviews are very good, a few have had a couple issues and Sig is quick to take care of, or they just need to re sync, some have found the tripod mount VERY tight. Most feel its very good unit. I think it will work very good compared to the Kestrel. I have a Vortex rf and this is just a different animal. Some got ranges over its stated range an reflective targets. With Litz and applied Ballistics doing the work on its ballistic program I am confident in it and peoples results show the same. One of the complaints seems to be the ease of switching your wind for use in the program, so test that!
i sold my g7 and am just waiting to get this.

The wind was varying from about 2.5-10 mph last Saturday during the long range shoot I attended and gave me a good chance to test the Sig Kilo 2400 against my trusted Kestrel 4000 and phone app (I use Bullet Flight).

33680061e1e9a7ed1cee4cfa5ad6dead.jpg

I did two side by side tests with the wind meter and Kestrel. First thing in the morning the wind was blowing pretty steady at 2.5-3.5 mph and I was getting identical readings from both the Kestrel and the phone mounted meter. Later in the day the wind was blowing harder and changing more. Here I noticed the Sig wind meter was as sensitive to change if not more so than my Kestrel. To be fair though my Kestrel has been used for a couple seasons and is a little dirty which I think adversely affects the little fan blade in it.

Ok, I'm tired and have to get back up for work in 5 hours so I'll add some more thoughts tomorrow.

sneaky

"DADDY"
These are cool I got my hands on one at shot but the rep there said the msrp was $1400 big jump unless you dont already have everthing else

I looked at one at Sportsman's Warehouse...1499. Dang, it's nice, but I don't know if it's that nice. A 2200 might be on tap for me, or a 2000 as it's a solid unit as well.

RdRdrFan

WKR
I looked at one at Sportsman's Warehouse...1499. Dang, it's nice, but I don't know if it's that nice. A 2200 might be on tap for me, or a 2000 as it's a solid unit as well.

They can be had for $1250 or so. Still expensive but better.

The wind was varying from about 2.5-10 mph last Saturday during the long range shoot I attended and gave me a good chance to test the Sig Kilo 2400 against my trusted Kestrel 4000 and phone app (I use Bullet Flight).

33680061e1e9a7ed1cee4cfa5ad6dead.jpg

I did two side by side tests with the wind meter and Kestrel. First thing in the morning the wind was blowing pretty steady at 2.5-3.5 mph and I was getting identical readings from both the Kestrel and the phone mounted meter. Later in the day the wind was blowing harder and changing more. Here I noticed the Sig wind meter was as sensitive to change if not more so than my Kestrel. To be fair though my Kestrel has been used for a couple seasons and is a little dirty which I think adversely affects the little fan blade in it.

Ok, I'm tired and have to get back up for work in 5 hours so I'll add some more thoughts tomorrow.

Justin,
When entering the wind direction in the app does the arrow point the direction the wind is blowing or does the arrow point into the wind?

Also, do you know if there is a way to manually enter elevation correction into the app? Example: my Burris XTR II has an elevation correction factor of .9934 as determined from a tall target test. I can manually enter this in my Shooter App to get corrected dope data. Does the Sig app have this capability? I would assume it does since Litz is the one who developed the correction factor algorithms.

Thanks!
Dan

Update:
So after emails with Nick over at Sig support it appears that the Kilo doesn't have the ability to account for or enter correction factor. They argue it's not a significant enough error in correction for the feature on the rangefinder. I found this a little unusual since Litz was the one who really promoted correction factors to begin with. Maybe that was just a Sig executive decision!!

I've found that I'm unable to "calibrate" my gun profile and enter actual drop data from the calibration menu. Nick is currently trying to resolve this issue.