$2500 Budget for Spotting Scope

JigStick

WKR
I have a fairly nice budget for a spotter and tripod. My primary use for it here in PA where i do the majority of my shooting / hunting will be spotting hits at our 1200yd rifle range. I would also like to use it for glassing white tail. And would also like to use it with my Cannon 60D camera to take video and pictures. My plan is also to use this scope when I get out west to hunt mule deer and elk.

Can you guys point me in the right direction? IM assuming an angled eye piece will be more comfortable for glassing over long periods of time?

Im looking very hard at a Meopta MeoPro 80 HD. I have a few Slick tripods I use for hunting. Is that going to be good enough for glassing and digiscoping?

AGPank

WKR
If your budget is $2500, watch for the Meostar over meopro. If your patient you can find one in budget and leave room for a tripod and head.

I have the Cabelas version and like it. The difference on it is that the eyepiece is fixed vs removable with the Meopta version.

WRO

WKR
Kowa prominar 884 would be my choice at that price range

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bwana

WKR
For $2500 you can easily get a pre-loved Swaro ATS/ATM 65HD, and put a quality fluidhead on for digiscoping....the modular Swaro's are insanely priced, but past generations can be had for reasonable prices if you wait/shop.

whacker1

Lil-Rokslider
The ATS or STS 20-60x65HD is currently $2268 through most vendors. However, If you are not in a hurry Swarovski has been doing a sale almost every August that gets down another 10%. I think they have done that sale 2 out of the last 3 years.

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Kowa 884 in December and absolutely love. Clarity and brightness is better than my Leica and gives up nothing to Swarovski glass for my eyes. Love the duel focus. I believe it to be nearly in a class of its own and the reviews seem to back it up. I found mine with some searching for $2100 with eyepiece. No regrets on this purchase.

Broomd

WKR
For $2500 you should have most any scope you desire at your disposal, the ATX 85/95 might be tougher to find right at that price point.

For that money I'd personally seek the Leica 82mm, for pure optical quality it is the best optic there is and I have had them all. No dog in the fight.It isn't a mountain pack scope however.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
For $2500 you should have most any scope you desire at your disposal, the ATX 85/95 might be tougher to find right at that price point.

For that money I'd personally seek the Leica 82mm, for pure optical quality it is the best optic there is and I have had them all. No dog in the fight.It isn't a mountain pack scope however.

It's funny you weighed in, I was just fixing to suggest he contact you to see if you had any spotters for sale. I'll be under the $2500 mark with the ATS-65 I picked up from you along with the fitted Swaro cover, a carbon tripod and an Outdoorsmans head.

Bwana

WKR
It's funny you weighed in, I was just fixing to suggest he contact you to see if you had any spotters for sale. I'll be under the $2500 mark with the ATS-65 I picked up from you along with the fitted Swaro cover, a carbon tripod and an Outdoorsmans head.

That sounds familiar :)

For $2500 you can easily get a pre-loved Swaro ATS/ATM 65HD, and put a quality fluidhead on for digiscoping....the modular Swaro's are insanely priced, but past generations can be had for reasonable prices if you wait/shop.

nrh6.7

WKR
Hey, I happen to know where you can get a NIB Kowa 773 with the super awesome Prominar wide angle eyepiece for $1,815!

That'll leave you about enough for an Outdoorsmans tripod! : )

PM me with your shipping info!!! :cool:

OP
JigStick

JigStick

WKR
Thanks guys. Is an angled eye piece the way I should go? And are these scopes going to be ok to carry on hike in hunts?

Ok, sorry I offended your sensibilities...I'll take the Swaro for a long hike, and leave the 77 at home ;)

My sensibilities? It's just my opinion is all, nothing offended.
The 77 is only 9oz heavier then the ATS 65 as well.

Have you looked through either kowa in the field? Just curios, as they are all great scopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk