Swarovski BTX - Dual eyes

brocksw

WKR
Can't wait for someone to do a review on these. Looks like a little over a 21 oz weight penalty over a standard ATX module. Very curious to know if this changes or enhances light transmission in any way. Seems like a great idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I wonder if that forehead rest is removable... Seems really unnecessary but maybe this has a very touchy eye relief/exit pupil and the forehead rest helps?

AGPank

WKR
I saw this email too. Interesting concept.

I'd be more interested in someone developing image stabilization in a spotter. One of the benefits of viewing with a phoneskope I guess

1signguy

WKR
This has the potential of being real game changer when back pack hunting- I haul SLC 15x56, ATX 65, and the CL 8x30's. I could get rid of the 15x56 all together and sell my ATX eye piece... and grab the dual... Can't wait to try it!

95 is 35x- 60x
85 and 65 are 30x-50x

No, I think the BTX is a fixed eye piece as it does not have the magnification ring on it. Those numbers represent using the BTX eye piece with the 1.7x mag extender. so in the 85 or 65 it is 30x OR 50x and 95 is 35x OR 60x. the larger numbers are utilizing the mag extender.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I see that now in the chart... Thank you for the correction

I see that now in the chart... Thank you for the correction

unfortunately I was hoping you were right. It is suppose to be quite a major undertaking to get two oculars to work through a zoom range, hence why leica used two fixed mags in their duovids and they are the only company to do that, and have not updated them sense.

robie

WKR
I stole this from a birding website. Not a bad price for the extender, if it maintains decent optical quality.

Anyone able to test these new toys out?

BTX Eyepiece $2690
1.7x Extender $369
PTH Professional Tripod Head $630
new Balance Rail $199

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting product, even with the weight penalty.

I wonder if that forehead rest is removable... Seems really unnecessary but maybe this has a very touchy eye relief/exit pupil and the forehead rest helps?

I suspect you are right.

I saw this email too. Interesting concept.

I'd be more interested in someone developing image stabilization in a spotter. One of the benefits of viewing with a phoneskope I guess

Already available if you can afford it:

EDG VR 85 Fieldscope from Nikon