Review: KDC Ultralight Bipod & Tripod (+Giveaway!!), by Jared Bloomgren

Boreal

WKR
Robby, Do you see any advantage or reason to use the KDC system on a tripod other than the KDC tripod? I've got a Sirui carbon tripod with a Manfrotto 701HDV head so weight is not the primary concern, but I do see the advantage and will consider the Granite Peak tripod for ultralight kit. I like the idea of the Kramer OBA, that seems to be the most revolutionary piece in the lineup and I can see it for my new Maven B2s. Do you think that the OBA is a piece that should be considered for all binocular/tripod configurations? Thanks.

Mac7

WKR
Glad I found this post. Might have to upgrade. Been using snipe pods for over 10yrs on multiple rifles and still working fine but like the new options.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby, Do you see any advantage or reason to use the KDC system on a tripod other than the KDC tripod? I've got a Sirui carbon tripod with a Manfrotto 701HDV head so weight is not the primary concern, but I do see the advantage and will consider the Granite Peak tripod for ultralight kit. I like the idea of the Kramer OBA, that seems to be the most revolutionary piece in the lineup and I can see it for my new Maven B2s. Do you think that the OBA is a piece that should be considered for all binocular/tripod configurations? Thanks.

I don’t think i’d mix and match with this system, I just go pure KDC. The OBA is awesome, if you look on our YouTube channel I have a video demonstrating it. However not all optics need balanced. You might talk to Terry and tell him what optic you’re using, and he could tell you if you’re going to need that I OBA. Be sure and let us know if you get this system and what you think and how it worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I don’t know if this thread popped up because of this, but the KDC is offering a 20% discount on $300 or more purchases until June. Look for the post, it’s in the optics forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR

I'm not terribly experienced with tripods, but I would say the true value of the OBA is when being used with a ball head. It makes it much easier to pan without getting unwanted tilt. If using a head where you can lock the tilt and just pan I don't think the balance will be as important.

On the KDC I love it. I can set the tension where I can pan without even touching my binos, I just move my head and the binos go with me.