Review: KDC Ultralight Bipod & Tripod (+Giveaway!!), by Jared Bloomgren

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

OK Roksliders,
I'm pretty happy to finally publish a review on one of the most innovative products we've ever tested.

Jared Bloomgren and I paired up last fall to field test the Kramer Design Corporation (KDC) V2-3L SnipePod Bipod/Tripod and the Granite Peak Tripod, along with the Rapid Release & Optics Balance Adjuster systems.

Jared ran the V2-3L, me the Granite Peak.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Suffice it to say, Jared and I both concluded that this is our new go-to piece of gear when preparing for ultralight hunting. You'll save more weight than you can imagine with only a few drawbacks.

Also, KDC is now a Rokslide sponsor and true to form, we are offering up either system for one lucky Rokslide member. The winner can choose from either the SnipePod V2-3L Bipod/Tripod or the SnipePod & Granite Peak Tripod. If desired, the Rapid Release and Optics Balance Adjuster systems can be purchased separately (you'll find KDC prices very reasonable on all products.)

As you should well know by now, we only want gear to go to winners who will actually use it and post up their personal thoughts about it. So if you have some spring hunts planned and are willing to post up on this thread within about 60 days of winning your opinion on the KDC system of choice, then we want your entry.

1) First, read the review at the link below

2) In a short paragraph or less, post up which system you'd choose and a hunt or two you'd employ it on.

I'll draw on or about 3/15 and post the results here. If you don't want to keep checking this thread, subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of post. You'll get a notification of choice when new posts are added.

KDC Ultralight Bipod & Tripod Review

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Awesome. I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these for a long time.

I would like to test out the V2-3L and would use it with my Maven 9x45s as well as shoot the 6.5-06AI off it. Hopefully I get selected for spring bear tag in WA in which I would bring it, and plan to go turkey hunting in OR.

If not drawn for spring bear in WA I might be able to steal away to ID.

Thanks for another great opportunity!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Snipe pod bipod looks like a fantastic option on a dedicated, lightweight rifle where a heavier, more traditional bipod may be out of place. I can also see the advantage of one on a turkey gun while running and gunning in order to have the gun in position while sweet talking a tom into range. Would love to put it to work this spring, through it's paces over the summer and chasing deer this fall.
Looks like an excellent product. Appreciate the opportunity.

V2-3l would be fantastic for hunting spring bear in wa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOT ROD

WKR
The v2 would be great... It will be used for antelope mule deer and elk in Wyoming... Thanks for another great review

elkguide

WKR
Would love to have one of these and give my feedback but we don't have any spring seasons around here. I'm sure that the bipod would be a glad assistant when I'm hunting in Idaho this fall as the mountains just seem to get steeper and taller every year that I hunt there. Hope to be hunting elk along with deer depending on the draw and definitely on the look out for wolves.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Spring hunts will be given priority boys, sorry.

of course we want to hear about fall hunts later but most members don't want to buy stuff close to hunting season so early opinions really help us all out.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I just picked up a set of Maven B2's prior to spring bear here in MT, really looking forward to running these on a tripod - I'd use the snipe pod/granite peak tripod out here trying to find one of my cinnamon friends. And bring him home :)

Thanks for the opportunity guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would choose the V2-3L for the versatility. I have a Razor 11-33x50 spotter and 10x42 binos. Spring bear season opens April 15 in Montana and I generally get out 4-5 days and add another 3-4 antler hunting where I wouldn't mind trying my binos on a tripod. I'm on vacation when you will be drawing but I'll do what I can to check In on the thread around the 15th.

colersu22

WKR
Thanks for the reviews on these guys. After seeming Roddy post about them from the hunt expo this year I have been looking into the bipod for my rifle.

Side note, I love seeing the pictures of Roddy's kid shooting the savage 99 cause it brings back memories and reminds me to shoot mine every now and then.

love the snipepod. Have used it while shooting a dozen or so animals over the last couple of years.

the wife checking her gun at bear camp a few years ago.

[video=youtube;hAAORK03SpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAORK03SpU[/video]

Last edited:

blick

FNG
Jared, can the snipe-pod v2 with the 3l-v2 tripod conversion installed still be attached to the rifle? I have had the v2 sitting version for a few years and for shots out to around 400 yds it works well. I would share my thoughts on the tripod conversion on some spring bear and shed hunting trips.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jared, can the snipe-pod v2 with the 3l-v2 tripod conversion installed still be attached to the rifle? I have had the v2 sitting version for a few years and for shots out to around 400 yds it works well. I would share my thoughts on the tripod conversion on some spring bear and shed hunting trips.

No. Once you install the third leg you lose the option to attach to the rifle. Not sure having three legs would be beneficial for rifle shots anyhow.

Randle

WKR
I have ID spring bear and several wolf hunts planned this spring, The V2 sounds like a great option to replace my collapsible shooting sticks with, I have been looking for a light weight function , quiet bipod.
thanks for the review and chance to win.

coop2424

WKR
I would choose the V2-3L since I think it would serve my purpose the best. I would run my 10x42 binos off of it along with my spotter. Myself and friends will be backpacking for spring bear in Idaho tell our tags our filled. Would use for scouting after those tags are filled through the summer.

2rivers

FNG
I would choose the V2-3L, I like the multiversitality of system to switch from bipod, to tripod I would use my nikons, for the current wolf hunt and spring bear. I love the idea of lightweight, easily traded out system. Not to mention summer scouting would be enhanced greatly.

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again for another great review. Western hunting is something I get to do every other year so I have tons to learn when it comes to glassing. I have a hunt scheduled for this fall in Colorado and if the opportunity presented itself I would love to try the V2-3L. Learning to sit and glass is not something I am custom to growing up in the Midwest. Although I feel I have the patients due to treestand hunting, holding my binocs by hand for long periods of time makes it hard to sit as long as I should when glassing hillsides.

Hunthigh1

WKR
Very very interesting product! I think i prefer the V2-3L. I dont shoot with bipods on my gun very often, and primarily am interested in lightening my tripod setup. I would run it with 10x42 meopta meostars and possibly overload it with my 65mm razor spotter. binos on a tripod changed my life this season. I would test the thing out on shed hunts and spring bear adventures here in Idaho. I like my current tripod but would love to lighten the pack for the high mileage shed hunting days i do in the spring as well as deep fall muley hunts in the high country.
Thanks for the review.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very very interesting product! I think i prefer the V2-3L. I dont shoot with bipods on my gun very often, and primarily am interested in lightening my tripod setup. I would run it with 10x42 meopta meostars and possibly overload it with my 65mm razor spotter. binos on a tripod changed my life this season. I would test the thing out on shed hunts and spring bear adventures here in Idaho. I like my current tripod but would love to lighten the pack for the high mileage shed hunting days i do in the spring as well as deep fall muley hunts in the high country.
Thanks for the review.

The 65mm spotter would overload it for sure!