Steiners??

lacseul

FNG
Have a chance to get a pair from one of my suppliers they run a yearly contest for sales goals and I didn't really like any of the other options - any one run these - seems like Steiner is good name but may have lost some market share lately. Not too many reviews out there.

Steiner HX 10x42 - they retail for 1000

I've only ever had regular old Bushnell's over the years but am looking to go elk hunting with my bow so I'll eventually need better glass anyway.
Thanks fellas

JD

OP
lacseul

lacseul

FNG
Thanks, I haven't put any time into looking thru new glass to have much of an opinion so when I saw that I could get a pair for free I thought - why not!

I had a set of 10x50 and 8x30 miltary marine poor prisms about 20 years ago. They were permanent focus with no focus wheel. LONG gone. I hated them. MUCH better options imo.

Akicita

WKR
I got to know the HX 10X42's pretty well at Shot Show. I was really impressed by those and the HX 10X56. I think they will exceed your expectations once you get to using them in the field. I carry the much less expensive MM830's that I came to love from my days in the military.

OP
lacseul

lacseul

FNG
Are steiners used by the military today? Thanks for the replies guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Very good $1000 glass. A little bit heavy but definitely a huge leap from your current position.

Congratulations, good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

DenRuyter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Steiner Merlin Pro's that are pretty darn nice. The ONLY thing I didn't care for was the eye cups all Streiners have, but they fold back and are very minor. They all have good ergonomics, but as mentioned already to be slightly on the heavier side. Really enjoyed looking through them until my Swaro EL's I'm still crying over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk