Swarovski 8x30 slc vs swarovski 8x32 el swarovision

Looking to upgrade my 8x binos. Currently run leupold katmai 8x32. I have a good set of leica 10x42 I use on a tripod. THE 8x are my carry everywhere set. LOOKING for opinions on the swarovski models in the title. THE 8x30 slc I can get used from 500 to 600 bucks. THE els run around 1500 used. Any input would be appreciated.

AGPank

WKR
User jremmons has some EL 8x32 Sv for $1400 on birdforum and archery talk.

I have a pair and really like them. Good ergonomics great performance.

I haven't had the 8x30 SLC, but did have 7x30 (I sold them, now back for sell here)). Same body. Tough to beat for the price. A little more compact than the EL.

One ergonomic thing on the SLC is the focus is toward front and not with the index finger like most.

I'm not sure who makes a 8x30 that competes with SLC for price and performance, maybe the new Maven.

The EL is truly a best in class in the 8x32 format. I haven't looked at an Ultravid HD+ that should compete with it, but if you snag the pair I referenced above I don't know how you can go wrong.

I've read complaints about glare in the 8x32 EL SV, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

Broomd

WKR
I bought my 8X32SV's right here on the 'slide for $1100.
Bargains pop up, be patient. Nachez had a pair two months ago for $1050!

Best all around glass on Earth imho, and I own Leicas and other premium glass. The 8X30's you suggested are good glass don't come close to SV quality.

I had the 8x30s and had a chance to pick up the original 8x32 EL's and they were noticeably better. I've used my 8x32 EL's for one full year now and the only way I'd get rid of them is if I could get a swarovision version for a good deal. Even then I may just keep the originals as a back up.

OP
Brian Fahs
For those who like the el swarovision better. WHAT is the biggest difference over the slc 8x30 ? brightness clarity ergonomics?

For those who like the el swarovision better. WHAT is the biggest difference over the slc 8x30 ? brightness clarity ergonomics?

Resolution was noticeabley better and colors and brightness were improved too. It was pretty much an optical upgrade in every aspect I noticed.

Broomd

WKR
Resolution was noticeabley better and colors and brightness were improved too. It was pretty much an optical upgrade in every aspect I noticed.

Yep, true this.
The 'zing' factor of sv glass is simply awesome. All day glassing poses no eye fatigue at all.

I've read complaints about glare in the 8x32 EL SV, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

I am one of the unfortunate ones who experienced this. It was very noticeable when glassing down into a river bottom with the sun setting behind the mountain directly in front of me. Ditto for when the sun is coming up. For my eyes the 8x32 EL SV could not handle stray light. If they had an extending sunshade like a spotter it would probably cure the problem.

When I handed my new $1500 binos to the lady she gave it a 30 second look then handed them back while asking "you paid how much for these? The glare is awful". She wouldn't touch them again.

If it weren't for that glare I would have kept them as the view is spectacular in all other situations and the brightness matches that of most 42mm glass. They will get you well past legal shooting light.