Cabelas Krotos Spotting scope

I ordered mine Sunday morning over the phone said it would be here by the 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xugz0212

FNG
Ordered mine on 01/18 and just got it delivered. But the seal on the inner box is opened. I'm suspecting it's a returned one. Anyone have the same experience?

Ordered mine on 01/18 and just got it delivered. But the seal on the inner box is opened. I'm suspecting it's a returned one. Anyone have the same experience?

Just got mine today. Seemed new to me. I didn’t look real close tho I was in a hurry to check it out haha. I really like mine!

This sucks. I ordered the small one last Saturday and got email today that they cancelled my order. No backorder, no nothing. just cancelled. But I'm reading here that others who ordered after me got them shipped? WTF?

Not to one up you in the self pity pool, but I had the same thing happen. But to make the situation worse, I was literally in the store with the angled version in hand which I had ordered online. Fearing they would cance my backordered scope having been burned twice already in the last 6 months by Cabelas crap inventory system, I called customer service. They could not cancel my order because they assured me that my scope was being shipped. Are you sure? Yes sir. You even have a tracking number. It should be there in a few days.

Stoopid me. I should have trusted my gut. The next day after cabelas closed, I get the dreaded cancellation email. I go back last night and they were “fresh out”. Interestingly I had called the store and they had one in stock according to inventory. My guess is an employee had it stashed away in the back as they have bragged to me about such shenanigans. For which I can’t blame them.

This happened to me Thrice now where cabelas cancels a good deal due to low stock. I can understand this when things are discontinued and not backorderable. But at midnight I bought a Ruger American on Black Friday for $150 and it said backorderable. Sure enough it was cancelled too. Was that discontinued? Of course not. Did Cabelas honor their sale price? Of course not.

So, I feel you. It really sucks. You should ask someone near a store to check inventory for you. My store did not have the deal marked. The employees were surprised at the price. So there’s a good chance other stores have some in stock.

Best of luck.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Dang just saw this thread was revived, I've looked at this scope multiple times in the store and was impressed with it but never wanted to spend $600. Checked today and its sold out online and in my local stores. I had a family member in another state check their local store and they were able to score an angled one for me :D.

tblank

FNG
Someone just sent me this message in response to one of my listings:

"Hey....Just wanted to Give you a Heads up On these scopes....I picked up one of each the Other day On sale....I had to return both of them because of Metal shavings... If you have not checked them yet...You should The 45X was worse than the 60X...Take a Flash light and look down the Objective end... Move the Focus as far as it will go to the right...Both of mine were full of metal shavings...They will work loose and and get stuck to the Objective lens and might lock up the Focus in time.....I should have Know they were blowing these out for a reason..... It is a shame!!!!!! they have really good Glass..."

Anyone else have a similar experience with theirs?

Someone just sent me this message in response to one of my listings:

"Hey....Just wanted to Give you a Heads up On these scopes....I picked up one of each the Other day On sale....I had to return both of them because of Metal shavings... If you have not checked them yet...You should The 45X was worse than the 60X...Take a Flash light and look down the Objective end... Move the Focus as far as it will go to the right...Both of mine were full of metal shavings...They will work loose and and get stuck to the Objective lens and might lock up the Focus in time.....I should have Know they were blowing these out for a reason..... It is a shame!!!!!! they have really good Glass..."

Anyone else have a similar experience with theirs?

Now that you mention it. Yes.

I have about 3 metal shavings on the threaded housing by the main objective. I could see how this could interfere with focus ring operation if they dislodge and fall in the ring. Surprising because the machining quality looks pretty good. And there are no telltale Chinese epoxy drips or other defects in the interior housing.

Well, I’ll hope for the best.

xugz0212

FNG
Now that you mention it. Yes.

I have about 3 metal shavings on the threaded housing by the main objective. I could see how this could interfere with focus ring operation if they dislodge and fall in the ring. Surprising because the machining quality looks pretty good. And there are no telltale Chinese epoxy drips or other defects in the interior housing.

Well, I’ll hope for the best.

Wow, photos?

Daubsnu1

FNG
Going to follow this thread closely. Might even order one of these.

Remember, Cabela's was bought out by Bass Pro, and the sale has become final. I have friends who work at Cabela's corporate. I'm told BP will honor Cabela's warranties and return policies. Worth asking the Cabela's peeps about...

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious what everyone thinks of their newly acquired Krotos spotters? Mine has served me well on many trips, hope you all have the same feelings about your new purchases!

Daubsnu1

FNG
My local Cabela's had a 65mm angled spotter in stock...last one. I picked it up last night, along with Swaro, Razor and Cabela's Euro HD (Meoptal Meostar S2).

See my thread here.

Going to give them all a good look later today. Daubs

Checked the inside of mine for shavings like was mentioned earlier and mine has none. Perfectly clean inside! I had my first chance to spot some deer last night with it at around 700 yards and I am very happy. The image does get dark up past 35x but for my uses I don’t think it will be an issue.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
I just had my 20-60 Power out playing this morning. I was just over a mile from a gas line marker, which I could not see with my naked eye. Basically a 5in diameter pole in the ground stickin up about 4 feet. I could read the “warning gas line” text on the post from that distance with my Krotos. I drove up to the marker after I was done and measured the text at 3 inches tall by 3/4 in wide per letter. The Krotos continues to be my best spotter. Just an add in, my razor and two others could not focus enough on the gas line marker to read the text. They are also the 85+mm big boys.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
For my use, the Krotos, at that price point, is perfect for me.

I'm a midwest guy that is lucky to spend a handful of days in the mountains each year. The idea of me spending big money on a spotter didn't make sense, and the lower priced ones never impressed me. So far I'm very happy with my Krotos purchase. Now I just need that muley tag to come through so I can get some use out of it in August!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Happened to be in Cabela’s walking by the optics and they had a 65mm straight sitting there I had an angled ordered but it’s showing as back ordered walked to customer service canceled my order and just walked out with the straight version kinda excited to see what it’ll do over the next few days

Daubsnu1

FNG
All the 65mm's are no longer showing on Cabela's web site. If you want one, better call your local Cabela's and see if they have any in stock. My was the last here in the Omaha/La Vista store.

It's a hell of a spotter for the price!