Cabelas Krotos Spotting scope

philthy57

FNG
Glad I came across this thread. Ran down to the Cabelas here in Albuquerque and grabbed the last one they had (65mm straight display model). With the new Cabela's bucks account, display and military discounts, I was out the door for about $310. Going to play with it a little more this afternoon, but it seems like it'll do the job! No metal shavings that were mentioned earlier. Hell, even if I decide to go with something else later, someone will be very happy with this scope at a smoking price!

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I received my 15-45x today. Very nice, no issues, smooth focus. Just played with it a bit, but it looks great. Even came with a Neoprene cover. Perfect size for me.

I picked up the last 15-45 they had at my local cabelas this weekend. The snow was coming down too thick to give it a try last night but im looking forward to testing it out. I dont have much to compare it to but from all the reviews i think it will do what i need just fine.

work765

WKR
Are the 15-45 still on sale? All I’m seeing is $699 for the big one

I’m interested in the $300 ones. If they still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone just sent me this message in response to one of my listings:

"Hey....Just wanted to Give you a Heads up On these scopes....I picked up one of each the Other day On sale....I had to return both of them because of Metal shavings... If you have not checked them yet...You should The 45X was worse than the 60X...Take a Flash light and look down the Objective end... Move the Focus as far as it will go to the right...Both of mine were full of metal shavings...They will work loose and and get stuck to the Objective lens and might lock up the Focus in time.....I should have Know they were blowing these out for a reason..... It is a shame!!!!!! they have really good Glass..."

Anyone else have a similar experience with theirs?

Hello.....I am the one who wrote and sent this to you on Ebay .......I liked the Krotos 45X so well I ordered another one.....It is perfect!!!!! No metal shavings...I can see no other defects....Very Very nice Piece of Glass......

Are the 15-45 still on sale? All I’m seeing is $699 for the big one

I’m interested in the $300 ones. If they still have them.

They have been coming in and out of stock all week.....You might snag one if you keep checking stock.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I took my 15-45X out yesterday afternoon for some more evaluation. I love this scope. I have owned all 3 size Vortex Razor scopes and I like this one better than any of them. I was picking up details that I could never see with the Razors. Very clear and bright even at 45X. It may not be a Swaro, but for the guy that cannot afford the top tier, this beats the mid tier Razor and I got mine on sale at about $370.00 shipped. Cannot beat that.

work765

WKR
Okay. You guys are killing me. Now I need one!

Anyone got an extra 15-45 angled they wanna part with?

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Okay. You guys are killing me. Now I need one!

Anyone got an extra 15-45 angled they wanna part with?

If you really want one, spring for the 20-60 since it’s the only in stock. That’s what I have and carry it everywhere. It’s a bit smaller and lighter than my other 85+mm’s, plus I don’t mind the weight anyway once I’m using it for it’s intended purpose!

I was debating whether or not to keep my 15-45 to go with one of the "alpha" brands, but then I remembered all the times I was using the krotos to look at deer that were 2+ miles away, even up to 5 miles once in the snow... And that I'm poor. Haha.

I'm going to upgrade to a Kowa or Swaro someday, but right now I'm happy with the krotos.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got to mess with mine a little more tonight and I really really like this thing. Got my PhoneSkope kit in the mail today and snapped a few pics at around 450 yards. Hope the neighbor don’t mind me spying on him lmao
0b138b422433fa119ec027f5757e6abc.jpg

FYI the Phoneskope adapter is a POS. I got the universal adapter and it broke in ten minutes of use. It’s all going back and I’m going with something else!

dotman

WKR
Got to mess with mine a little more tonight and I really really like this thing. Got my PhoneSkope kit in the mail today and snapped a few pics at around 450 yards. Hope the neighbor don’t mind me spying on him lmao

FYI the Phoneskope adapter is a POS. I got the universal adapter and it broke in ten minutes of use. It’s all going back and I’m going with something else!

How did it break? I have the universal and so far have had zero issue.

How did it break? I have the universal and so far have had zero issue.

When I go to tighten it the inner legs just collapse. And I’m not cranking on it either. Im sending it back. Not sure if I’ll get another one or something else.

xugz0212

FNG

any suggestion on phone adaptor? was planning to get PhoneSkope. But might not be a good idea then.

any suggestion on phone adaptor? was planning to get PhoneSkope. But might not be a good idea then.

I think I’m gonna go with the TinesUp adapter. I emailed them and they can make one for the Krotos so I may give it a shot. It’s about the same price as the phoneskope but made out of aluminum. I’m just not impressed with the phoneskope for the price.

Rockchuck

WKR
Yes, keep checking, i ordered a straight 65mm a few days after they first dried up on their site. I will receive it tomorrow and look forward to checking it out. I will see how it stacks against the razor I have and a nikon fieldscope III 60 ED. I plan to keep the winner and sell the losers. Should be a fun test.

dotman

WKR
When I go to tighten it the inner legs just collapse. And I’m not cranking on it either. Im sending it back. Not sure if I’ll get another one or something else.

Weird, I think you received a lemon, mine works great and is very solid.