Cabelas Krotos Spotting scope

tblank

FNG
I just had my 20-60 Power out playing this morning. I was just over a mile from a gas line marker, which I could not see with my naked eye. Basically a 5in diameter pole in the ground stickin up about 4 feet. I could read the “warning gas line” text on the post from that distance with my Krotos. I drove up to the marker after I was done and measured the text at 3 inches tall by 3/4 in wide per letter. The Krotos continues to be my best spotter. Just an add in, my razor and two others could not focus enough on the gas line marker to read the text. They are also the 85+mm big boys.

Was this the gen 1 or gen 2 razor spotter?

mtnhntr

WKR
Are these the shavings that folks were talking about? I literally just took this out of the box

I picked this up from the classifieds based on some commentary here and what I want if for. It looked like they have 3 tapped holes and some of the tapped material wasn't fully de-burred before assembly. However it looks VERY attached and well out of the way for the scope to function properly. Other than these, it looks clean.

Attachments

• Inkedscope1_LI.jpg
    Inkedscope1_LI.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 151

Matt G.

WKR
Question for you guys, I was asking an athlon customer service about cases for the scope. The Ares case is better since it zips up around the objective lens while krotos is open, which I am afraid of losing when I pack it. The rep also said the scopes are different. Anyone know how they are different besides the cosmetic things. Anyone compare side by side optically?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dcreiss

FNG
Situational Awareness on the Krotos. I just checked the Cabelas bargain cave online this morning and saw the 20-60-86 straight model is on sale for $210.88........down from original price of 1200. I used a gift card and some points to pay a grand total of $110. Hopefully this glass is worth the $110 investment :cool:

ericF

WKR
Sold out now. I hemmed and hawed about getting it, but the decision was made for me.

I thought about it but called their warranty department and the cabelas optics warranty sucks. Only mechical defects and it sounds like they really grill you to determine if you are at fault. I'll stick with the no-fault warranty.

Also, the Krotos is not created by Athlon I guess. I was just talking to Athlon about it and they compared specs and said nope. The guy on the phone thought they were made by Bushnell.

dcreiss

FNG
Looks like I won't be getting the one I ordered; after logging into my cabelas account and checking on the order it looks like they do not have any available to ship from the warehouse and are no longer to be listed for sale on the site. It was worth the shot at $210 in the bargain cave.

Looks like I won't be getting the one I ordered; after logging into my cabelas account and checking on the order it looks like they do not have any available to ship from the warehouse and are no longer to be listed for sale on the site. It was worth the shot at $210 in the bargain cave.

If somethings price ends with .88 it means they are liquidating and will not be restocking.

If it's listed as "limited stock" and .88 that means they have 7 or less total of that product. The stocking software isn't immediate realtime so those are risky and you may get cancelled on... But you'll get a refund of course.

If you call in they can tell you the exact number they have left if they have any.

I almost grabbed a razor hd lh last week but missed it by about 15 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider

I ordered on line when I saw that price figured I couldn’t lose. Then I remembered I’ve been burned by Cabelas crap inventory system like three times so I decided to take a field trip at lunch. Grabbed up the last one they had in store other then display. So if by luck my online order goes through I’ll decide what I want to do with my second one.

But as for now anyone have an angled Krotos 86mm they wanna trade for straight BNIB? Or anyone looking to go big and upgrade their angled 65mm. Looking at trades, the straight spotter just isn’t my preference. Send a pm.

soggybtmboys

Lil-Rokslider
Apparently, I got one of the last ones. I called and ordered and the service gal stayed there were two left. Told her go ahead and placr the order. Few days later it arrived. Looked it over real good and it looks great. Incredible difference from my old Gander Mnt bench scope and this piece of glass. I set it up and was looking out the window the other day. Very clear, crisp images and very bright. I could see water drops hanging off the fresh tree leaf buds 2 blocks (1/4 mile) over at 20x. Gonna put it thru some more paces this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Lukeyn

Lil-Rokslider
Got lucky and picked one up on the closeout sale. Straight version. Nice glass, but it's big and heavy, and ...made in china. China man figured out how to make a product that is pretty decent finally.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Nice Soggy I was hoping to get an angled version but the last one at my store was a straight. Do you have any issues with eye relief in the 20-60 I feel like Im right up in it especially at higher powers.

Anyone compared eye relief between the 15-45 and 20-60?

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Also my online order still hasn't got cancelled yet but they switched me to "backordered" what that means on a discontinued scope?*shrugs*

soggybtmboys

Lil-Rokslider
Nice Soggy I was hoping to get an angled version but the last one at my store was a straight. Do you have any issues with eye relief in the 20-60 I feel like Im right up in it especially at higher powers.

Anyone compared eye relief between the 15-45 and 20-60?
They eye relief does get tighter if you jump up to 60x, I just turn the eye cups back into the scope and it seems to take care of that issue for me.

Also my online order still hasn't got cancelled yet but they switched me to "backordered" what that means on a discontinued scope?*shrugs*

I would give them a call, if it's backordered on a discontinued item...doesn't make much sense unless they are double checking their inventory to make sure they are really out???

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
In case anyone was wondering looks like Cabela's went through and canceled the backorders now. At least mine and my buddies' were canceled this morning.

Also as an FYI I took Soggy's advice and called earlier last week, ended up calling 6 separate stores and the call center 2x took most of the day and still don't have a scope but they did give me a good run around with almost every store saying they still had an angled 15-45x in Kansas City (KC couldn't find it after looking for almost the whole day). And then five 20-60 angled and seven 20-60 straight bodied scopes in split between "company inventory" and "live on the floor" in three stores which I called all of and again they couldn't find them. And no one had "authority" to order me one of those scopes from any location, but always said corporate could (corporate line was easily the least qualified to answer any questions). So basically just to confirm what everyone already knew Cabela's inventory system is junk if you see a great sale go to the store and buy it otherwise your probably not getting it.

bttf

FNG
To the owners of the 20-60 version, does it have removable eyepiece? Thanks a lot!