Review: Swarovski SLC vs. Vortex Razor, Battle of the 10x42s, by S&S Archery

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Long-time Rokslide sponsor S&S Archery just published a review that I'm pretty sure many of you would like to read.

If you've wondered if it's worth the extra 6 bills to step up the Swaro' SLC or if there's more value in the Vortex Razor than people realize, this is your review.

Be sure and comment on their blog while you're over there. As a gear writer myself, I can tell it takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to put together a piece like that.

SLC vs Razor - S&S Archery Backcountry

attachment.php

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Yea this review spot on. Honestly owning both they don't compare well. The SLC's is heads and tails better. Hell I think the conquest HD is better the razors and less money also.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting this! Always looking for upgrades and wasn't sure which route to go for binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, I got that email yesterday and read the review. It came out pretty much as I would have expected it to. If it had come out any other way, I would have been a little skeptical.

LaHunter

WKR
Good review. The image quality in varying lighting conditions is exactly what I experienced when I compared a Razor HD 65 mm spotter side by side with a Swaro STS HD 65 mm spotter during a week of mulie hunting in WY a couple years ago.

fire652

WKR
I did a comparison between 10x42 razors and 8x42 slc. The 8x42 slc I got on a great deal otherwise I would have went 10x42. In the end looking at any distance the critters just popped in the slc. I spotted more game and did not feel the extra 2 power was worth it when looking out to 1000 yards. The razors are. I've but the Swarovski have them beat optically. I justified the extra cash because tag soup is expensive for a NR so why chance it to inferior optics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk