Sig Sauer Kilo 2200 Rangefinder versus Kilo 2000

excaliber

WKR
I'm in the market for a new Rangefinder. I have been reading all the posts here on the Kilo 2000 but I see the newer Kilo 2200 has a bit more range and other features.
I guess one of the real upgrades is a much smaller circle reticle and tighter beamed laser used for ranging. I have heard that the larger aiming circle reticle on the Kilo 2000 would allow for other objects to true range as it would be ranging rocks or bushes or other things in the same area.

I was wondering if anyone has compared the two and has any comments?

Hunter6

WKR
What distances are you going to be realistically needing ranged.

I have last years model and have really enjoyed it. That said I'm not ranging small objects at 1000 + yards so the reticle has not been an issue. Also I really like the lack of buttons and options on the rangefinder nothing to mess up in the heat of the moment.

---

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman

OP
E

excaliber

WKR
In all likelihood I will not really be shooting further than 1000 yards as I will only shoot that far on metal or paper. I was more interested in the smaller aiming reticle and the tighter laser on the new model for more precise accurate readings.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Kilo 2000 that I tested last year and also am testing the Kilo 2400 with ballistic solver right now. I wouldn't personally upgrade from the 2000 to the 2200, but if buying new I would go with the 2200. Hope that helps?

aron

WKR
Anybody have information regarding the performance of the 2200 in the cold? Sounds like the 2000 has issues with the cold.

frankrb3

WKR
Bought my kilo 2000 in november on sale at cabelas for $350. Furthest I have been able to get it to range anything was a huge barn at 1200 meters. Has a hard time hitting anything past 600, including other large buildings. There's alot of positive stuff out there on these units, it's the reason why I got mine, but I'm disappointed. Gonna see if cabelas will exchange it, if not i'm sending it to sig to give them a chance to make it right.

OP
E

excaliber

WKR
Any luck with the new rangefinder?

Sorry guys..............I was asleep at the wheel on this one. I have had the Kilo 2200 out on a few occasions. In bright mid morning sun I was able to range to 1348 yards pretty consistently. Sig states that these are the worst conditions for ranging targets but I was happy with what I saw.
It is really fast and I like not having to press the range buttons a couple times to get a reading.

On cloudy overcast days and early and late morning I had no issues ranging out to almost 1700 yards. Most everything else I tried to range was way too far to get a reading. It's deceiving as you think the next rise is only a few hundred yards away but it's really another 1000 yards. Trees, large rocks and shaded areas on hills and mountains at long distances are no problem at all. I have not even tried to range any animals yet.
I'm not going to be shooting anywhere close to this distance so I could care less if it actually ranges to 2000+ yards or whatever it's rated to do.
It seems like a quality product. I'm going to use it for Archery and rifle hunting so as long as it gives me accurate angle compensation readings from 20 yards out to 800 I'll be happy.

Slingshot

FNG
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find many reviews on the kilo 2200, YouTube and a quick google search would mostly come up with reviews on the 2000. The reviews on the sig kilo 2000 seem great so I can only imagine the 2200 is nicer since it is replacing the 2000. I went to the local sporting good store and checked out the sig 2200 in person and what I liked most was the fast readings it gave me by just holding the button down and moving the rangefinder throughout the store.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
FASTer, tighter beam divergent, cosign indicator, and different reticle options. A good upgrade imo.

WRO

WKR
Bought my kilo 2000 in november on sale at cabelas for $350. Furthest I have been able to get it to range anything was a huge barn at 1200 meters. Has a hard time hitting anything past 600, including other large buildings. There's alot of positive stuff out there on these units, it's the reason why I got mine, but I'm disappointed. Gonna see if cabelas will exchange it, if not i'm sending it to sig to give them a chance to make it right.

1. change the battery
2. get the new battery cap from sig

You should be able to get 2k then,

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I got a 2000 earlier this year and couldn't get it to range anything past 800 yards. I tried new batteries and still no luck.

I contacted Sig and sent it in. A few weeks later I got a new 2200. The second time out it quite ranging so I changed the battery and it's been fine since.

I haven't heard about the battery cap issue. WRO do you have any more info about this?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
Update on my Sig Kilo 2000. Took it back to cabelas after having it for over 10 months and they gladly exchanged it. I grabbed the last kilo 2000 they had left and headed out to my antelope hunting spot for opening day the next morning. I opened the box to the Kilo and it had already been opened. I pulled the unit out which had scratches on it and the battery was already installed. Obviously this one had been returned as well. Although it did range much further than my unit the button was jacked up and was the obvious reason as to why it had been returned. Stopped by cabelas on my way home after my hunt and they gladly took back this one and ordered me a brand new one which was sent to my house. It arrived today and does appear to be brand new. I installed the battery and it wouldn't work. I tried another spare battery that I had and it too didn't work. About 15 minutes later I tried again and it worked with both batteries. The unit was very cold when I pulled it out of the box probably because it was riding in a UPS truck all day. Anyways, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is nothing wrong with this unit and that it's not sensitive to the cold.

I'm also not impressed with my kilo 2000. My Leica 1600 B and geovid HD B range much better once you get past 700 yards.

OP
E

excaliber

WKR
I've had my Kilo 2200 out on several hunts over the last few weeks. I did notice when it was really cold it seemed to have trouble ranging over 1000 yards. Maybe it had something to do with my frozen fingers. I had it at the gun range and it's spot on out to 775 yards on marked steel.

It ranged to 1343 yards last hunt. I really don't care if it ranges much further than that. I don't plan to shoot that far anyways.
As long as it continues to be dead on at ranges out to 800 yards I'll be happy.

This is much nicer than the Vortex Ranger 1000 it replaced.

I have had the Kilo 2000 for about 9 months. At first I was very impressed with it, ranging well past 1200 yards for me. I took it on a caribou hunt in Alaska, and experienced my first issues with it. (go figure, right?)

We had a caribou at 258 yards according to my friend's range finder. I couldn't get the Sig to read. It had a new battery. I started trying to range rocks, hillsides, etc. It wouldn't range past about 220 yards. I put a new, new battery into it, played with settings, kept it toasty warm, still nothing over 220.

Got home, and played with it looking at buildings, and still wouldn't range past 300. I called Sig and got a return authorization and label. Sent it back on Friday. They said 3-6 weeks turn around time.

gelton

WKR
I purchased a 2200 LRH (Cabelas Model) and the furthest I have gotten it to range is 1264 yards. Had it on a hunt with me in Colorado and it was pretty much useless past 400 yards. Going to have to find a replacement. Leica 1600B or Leupold RX1200 I am guessing. Lots of people having lots of problems with the Sig...sucks.