Sightron optics?

I recently acquired a deal through Sightron optics but know absolutely nothing about the company or its products. Anyone use them? Used them? Good bad? How's it compare to others such as Vortex, Zeiss, Maven? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sightron blue sky 8x32 compare very well to the maven b3. I love them.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
They are good to go. They are very bright and clear. The exactrac tracks very well. I shoot to from 100- 1k+ with a 6.5 CM and The scope runs out and back perfectly. They are very good with any warranty stuff. I had one of my older scopes go back for a repair (user error, don't ask), and it worked out fine with no charge. I prefer the Stac, SII, and SIII series glass over the Leupolds. I've pulled a few Leupolds and Bushnell to sell them, and use a Sightron instead. I think I've got five or so Sightrons now.

The Blue Sky series has been discounted, but can still be found for sale from venders. They are a great scope, but the line was cut to expand the same size scopes in other lines. The Blue Sky cost too much to produce, and was very similar glass and price to the SIII.

OP
huntstrong2850
They are good to go. They are very bright and clear. The exactrac tracks very well. I shoot to from 100- 1k+ with a 6.5 CM and The scope runs out and back perfectly. They are very good with any warranty stuff. I had one of my older scopes go back for a repair (user error, don't ask), and it worked out fine with no charge. I prefer the Stac, SII, and SIII series glass over the Leupolds. I've pulled a few Leupolds and Bushnell to sell them, and use a Sightron instead. I think I've got five or so Sightrons now.

The Blue Sky series has been discounted, but can still be found for sale from venders. They are a great scope, but the line was cut to expand the same size scopes in other lines. The Blue Sky cost too much to produce, and was very similar glass and price to the SIII.

Thanks very good to know as I will also be running it on a 6.5cm I'm putting together for coues and deer in general and antelope hunting. I will definitely be trying out one their scopes I've heard no real negative things about them.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a antelope last year with a 6.5 CM using a Sightron scope. A 130 grain Berger Hunter went through making soup from both lungs.

The 3-16 Stac is a great hunting scope. It's not a lightweight scope by any means, but has a very wide field of view at 3, followed up by 16 power which is great for long shots. The MOA reticle is great for extreme precision shots. But the hairs and dot are very fine. This helps when trying to hit a 6" steel plate at 600+ yards, and it did great for me last year in the wide open of Wyoming. But the reticle is a little fine for hunting in the woods near shooting hours. For that, I'd suggest the standard duplex, HHR, or Mil dot. These are heavier crosshairs that show better in the very low light near dark and under thick forest cover.

OP
huntstrong2850
I shot a antelope last year with a 6.5 CM using a Sightron scope. A 130 grain Berger Hunter went through making soup from both lungs.

The 3-16 Stac is a great hunting scope. It's not a lightweight scope by any means, but has a very wide field of view at 3, followed up by 16 power which is great for long shots. The MOA reticle is great for extreme precision shots. But the hairs and dot are very fine. This helps when trying to hit a 6" steel plate at 600+ yards, and it did great for me last year in the wide open of Wyoming. But the reticle is a little fine for hunting in the woods near shooting hours. For that, I'd suggest the standard duplex, HHR, or Mil dot. These are heavier crosshairs that show better in the very low light near dark and under thick forest cover.

Very good to know thanks a lot for all that as no where I'm from sells them so I'm having to choose a reticle based on the online image. That helps a ton

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 on a benchrest 6.5 Creedmoor and I could not ask for a better scope for my skill level. Excellent glass, (clear, bright with good resolution) and I especially like the MOA-2 reticle. The tracking is spot on and at just under 25oz, it is lighter weight than other comparable scopes.