Like the look of the new compact Kowa spotter. Anxiously awaiting release.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not sure why everyone is so shocked at the price, it's light, zooms, and has pure fluorite crystal glass. If it had the Swaro logo on it it would be double that price and people would be lining up to buy it.

Ronb

WKR
Not me! I can't imagine anyone lining up for a $4000 55mm Swaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
arri1942

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Just got an answer from Kowa on the two scopes. Kinda disappointed in the retail cost of the 55mm. I'll pick up a used Swaro 65 at those prices.
0545ea50b3557a20aa535440a5bf3dff.jpg
9c668fdff70b17d41a2311e32e58ee9f.jpg

mid august and retail price are disappointing. Will hope to be pleasantly surprised. I guess no hope of getting it in the next couple months.

excaliber

WKR
I thought the 900.00 reports for one of these was a bit optimistic. $2000.00 is way more than I want to pay for a 55mm spotting scope. I'm sure it will be a really nice 55mm spotter and easily the top of the glass. I'd like to see them upgrade the 66 and 77 mm to Flourite crystal glass.

Broomd

WKR
I thought the 900.00 reports for one of these was a bit optimistic. $2000.00 is way more than I want to pay for a 55mm spotting scope. I'm sure it will be a really nice 55mm spotter and easily the top of the glass. I'd like to see them upgrade the 66 and 77 mm to Flourite crystal glass.
Agree, good posting.

If the 55mm has the same flourite eyeball as the 88mm it will be a great optic. But if the price is near $2000, that is a real ball buster.
A swaro 65mm hd can consistently be had at $1700, and I might opt for those extra ounces over the 55mm at $2K. At some point exit pupil and low light performance becomes problematic.

"Street price" isn't always a given with optics. Many of these optics companies have really strict pricing policies. I know Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss do, not quite sure on Kowa.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Agree, good posting.

If the 55mm has the same flourite eyeball as the 88mm it will be a great optic. But if the price is near $2000, that is a real ball buster.
A swaro 65mm hd can consistently be had at $1700, and I might opt for those extra ounces over the 55mm at $2K. At some point exit pupil and low light performance becomes problematic.

"Street price" isn't always a given with optics. Many of these optics companies have really strict pricing policies. I know Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss do, not quite sure on Kowa.

Where are you seeing the Swaro HD for $1700 with an eypeice for $1700...for that price I just pick them up?

Ronb

WKR
Here's a screenshot of sold scopes after a 2 second search on ebay. It's not that hard to find a deal if you look. You might have to spend a few weeks looking. There's an atm hd 65 for $1899 on there right now.
5d21a560a7252612432e74763f764c22.jpg

Ronb

WKR
My bet is if retail is $1999 they'll probably be on the Internet for $1599 soon after. I think there would be a strong market for that scope in the $1200 to $1300 range. Anything over $1500+doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Where are you seeing the Swaro HD for $1700 with an eypeice for $1700...for that price I just pick them up?

He has personally sold 3 I know of for $1695, so I'd say his price is based on what he's sold his for here in the classifieds.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
He has personally sold 3 I know of for $1695, so I'd say his price is based on what he's sold his for here in the classifieds.

Right are these new units are used. Just trying to compare apples to apples with what the Kowa might run.

dotman

WKR
Right are these new units are used. Just trying to compare apples to apples with what the Kowa might run.

Used of course, I still think the Kowa will have a street price of around $1300 or maybe that's just me being hopeful.

ianpadron

WKR
If the KOWA is useable all the way out to 45x...then I don't see why it wouldn't take the compact spotter throne with ease.

Flourite glass and a slightly larger 55mm objective were enough to convince me to skip the Razor and continue pinching pennies for this one.

28 OUNCES!!!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

Thought i would chime in here with what we have been told by Kowa. I'll have more info next week when they get back from Japan with official numbers/prices/specs. But we did find out that the eye piece is going to be closer to the lower end TE-9z, not the wide angle Prominar like we had hoped. Its a little disappointing but we're still optimistic that this will be a great scope.

We are hoping to get a demo product in the next few weeks, and you can bet we'll have a complete write up just as soon as we can spend some time with it.

dotman

WKR
Hey guys,

Thought i would chime in here with what we have been told by Kowa. I'll have more info next week when they get back from Japan with official numbers/prices/specs. But we did find out that the eye piece is going to be closer to the lower end TE-9z, not the wide angle Prominar like we had hoped. Its a little disappointing but we're still optimistic that this will be a great scope.

We are hoping to get a demo product in the next few weeks, and you can bet we'll have a complete write up just as soon as we can spend some time with it.

That should keep the price down. I wonder though if that is in the 50mm since it sounds like the 55mm will not be released until almost fall. Can you get clarification on both models?

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That should keep the price down. I wonder though if that is in the 50mm since it sounds like the 55mm will not be released until almost fall. Can you get clarification on both models?

We'll get all the specs posted as soon as we get them next week. But i can verify that it is the 55mm that I am referring to. The glass we're hoping to get in the next week or two will be a production sample, so I doubt you can expect it in stores any time soon...

dotman

WKR
We'll get all the specs posted as soon as we get them next week. But i can verify that it is the 55mm that I am referring to. The glass we're hoping to get in the next week or two will be a production sample, so I doubt you can expect it in stores any time soon...

If not available immediately it's great to know you'll get to look it over and let us know your thought hopefully prior to the release.