Bino Harness + Chest Holster

Daniel_M

WKR
Few photos illustrating what I mean.

G-Code holster w/ D3CR retention kit

25b9781a490ef753b43035f899b3cf1e.jpg

And in an AGC rear pouch. Retention is actually really good without any internal Velcro mods.
a3d68e49f0d439f541893724af872b3f.jpg

ce4e0bd08cdf8b102a2d1c01441de3e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Few photos illustrating what I mean.

G-Code holster w/ D3CR retention kit

25b9781a490ef753b43035f899b3cf1e.jpg

And in an AGC rear pouch. Retention is actually really good without any internal Velcro mods.
a3d68e49f0d439f541893724af872b3f.jpg

ce4e0bd08cdf8b102a2d1c01441de3e6.jpg

Do you get much movement from that piece of velcro sitting in the zipper pocket?

Daniel_M

WKR
Do you get much movement from that piece of velcro sitting in the zipper pocket?

The fit it actually very good, the downside is the draw with the strap against the grip. Full disclosure, I dont carry a handgun with a bino pouch while hunting, just illustrating the idea. If I did carry, I would prefer a belt. When I do carry when fishing and 4wheeling, I run the Kenai Chest Holster.

This is my solution... I carry a large frame .44 mag in bear country... I wear it a little below my bino harness and to the side - works great with the binos and a pack...
4-21-2017%201-33-03%20PM_zps4aoeadyc.jpg
[/URL]

wseidel

WKR
I use the Alaska Guide Creations case (AGC), too, and recently talked to the designer, Jaret Owens, to see if he ever considered incorporating a holster. He said he'd considered it but the weight became an issue...thus partially defeating the purpose of his case. I love my AGC (binos, rangefinder, wind indicator, calls, etc.) and recently purchased the Kenai Chest Holster. I took them on their inaugural "voyage" together yesterday (5 mile hike) and they work fine together. My positioning was similar to AK Troutbum's - just on the bottom edge of the bino carrier. My only concern is whether the butt of the gun will interfere with shouldering or carrying a rifle (to be determined). I previously used a Blackhawk thigh rig for carrying in grizzly country (NW Wyoming elk) but this new combo seems to be a better option. Hope this helps...

Parx

FNG
I was asking myself this very question and settled on a Kenai Chest Rig under my Alaskan Guide Bino. The winning factors for me was two separate suspensions for bino and pistol. Just seemed to heavy having both on one and keeping it tight. My one concern was straps getting in the way to the pistol but after some range time I found that it wasn't a huge issue. Extra bonuses were on the trail I open carry but while passing it was nice not getting the stares of having an exposed gun on my chest and while at camp I can drop my gear and still have a pistol on me.

wseidel

WKR
I just posted this in another thread but it fits well here for people using a chest holster AND a chest bino holder.

"I love my AGC as well (CUB model) and appreciate the good suggestions so far. In two seasons, I've carried it along with my fanny pack (Badlands) so I don't have a lot of extras other than binos, elk calls, wind indicator bottle, and rangefinder...to keep them handy "front and center". Since we hunt elk in grizzly country (NW Wyoming), I've just purchased a new carry system for my S & W 44 magnum - a chest holster made by Gunfighter, Inc. This is a highly regarded holster that I position underneath and a bit below the AGC which allows quick access. It is a modular design so you can purchase additional holster shells that snap in to the harness system. Surprisingly, it is not cumbersome and I prefer it over the thigh rig I've used previously. Hope this helps and stay safe."

By positioning the holster a bit lower on my torso (lower than the video photo above), it is actually a more comfortable draw for me and is immediately available should the unthinkable happen. Because of the AGC above and "over" the chest holster, it remains snug against my body. Hope this helps.

For the guys that use Kenai Chest Holster I have two questions;
When changing out layers of clothing do you have to fuss with the strap adjustments on the chest rig every time?This assumes that you always want to carry it outside of your outer layer.
does the strap that goes over your shoulder stay put closer to your neck or slowly work its way outward on your shoulder?

mtnkid85

WKR
I can orientate my Simply rugged chest holster to ride fairly well with my bino harness. I am able to slide the holster over so that its almost in a cross draw position on my left side and my Kuiu bino harness rides normally centered on my chest. It keeps both quickly accessible.

The back of my bino harness is the sweatiest part of me after a good hike. Any concerns with the moisture on the gun? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I don't know guns. I just picked up a little glock the other day and was toying with this idea but probably end up running it on my hip belt, if I decide to bring it along.

wseidel

WKR
Sorry for the delay in my response to Tim in Wa. with his questions (presently on vacation but found service). I have not had to do any additional adjusting when changing garments nor when positioned inside or outside my thin jacket. In fact, I folded over on itself my extra strap material and taped it so quick adjustments would not be possible. The shoulder strap does not move due to my setup being fairly snug. The more I use this system the more I like it. In response to Broken Compass, I have had no issue with sweat nor due I anticipate it, because the kydex against your abdomen completely covers the firearm except for the grip (in my case a rubber grip). Hope this helps...

FlyGuy

WKR
For the guys that use Kenai Chest Holster I have two questions;
When changing out layers of clothing do you have to fuss with the strap adjustments on the chest rig every time?This assumes that you always want to carry it outside of your outer layer.
does the strap that goes over your shoulder stay put closer to your neck or slowly work its way outward on your shoulder?
No, not really. Mine used to slip a little throughout the day, but I just changed out all of the buckles to the Kifaru locking ones (I think they are called autolocks). Like $2 for a set of four. They stay put and don't slip at all. You'll need a 4 pack of males and a 4 pack of slotted females.

Web Management and Buckle Sets – Kifaru Intl. Online Store

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk