Bino Harness + Chest Holster

wildcat33

WKR
Am I the only one that wishes there was an integrated bino harness and chest holster out there? Something like the FHF bino harness with the Kenai chest holster integrated into the harness between the binos and your chest?

Dameon

WKR
Have you seen the Eberlestock Nosegunner? I haven't personally tried it, but I think it might be what you are looking for.

Brendan

WKR
I haven't found one yet that stacks a pistol and binos without being too unwieldy. Reviews on the nosegunner here were less than stellar, and I have an HPG kit bag and don't like how it works with both.

I think using a chest rig below your bino holster, or hanging something off the bottom might be the way to go.

Or, maybe the Kenai is just the easiest?

Last edited:
I built mine for this very reason and haven't had any issues so far. I built it out of an old set of pouches and a chest rig. I can run my binos, AR mags and a pistol without it all getting in my way.

gumbl3

WKR
no.. I gone round and round in my head as to how to make one without it feeling like a suitcase on my chest

WKR
Have you seen the Eberlestock Nosegunner? I haven't personally tried it, but I think it might be what you are looking for.
I got my hands on one last fall and wasn't impressed. It's barely a holster at all, poor retention. And it's bulky as hell for what it actually holds.

I've been on a similar quest for a few years and was really wanting to like this one. No dice. Same with the HPG, it's just not quite right.

Strongly considering a MOLLE chest rig and fitting my fhf and a holster on it like the above poster. BUT I really want something that doesn't scream "that guy has a gun" when I'm out just hiking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
I think you could get away with adapting a G-Code kydex holster, using their velcro chest rig kit and slip it into the rear zippered pouch on an AGC bino pouch. Not sure how well adding some adhesive backed velcro to the fabric would work. unless you can geet away with sewing it in.

Using the D3CR pistol expandion kit, you add adhesive velcro to the holster and position it as you wish.

Holster Wedge D3CR Expansion System

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR

That looks pretty sketchy. Dont seem like much (or any?) retention.

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR
I built mine for this very reason and haven't had any issues so far. I built it out of an old set of pouches and a chest rig. I can run my binos, AR mags and a pistol without it all getting in my way.

Care to post any pics?

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR
I got my hands on one last fall and wasn't impressed. It's barely a holster at all, poor retention. And it's bulky as hell for what it actually holds.

I've been on a similar quest for a few years and was really wanting to like this one. No dice. Same with the HPG, it's just not quite right.

Strongly considering a MOLLE chest rig and fitting my fhf and a holster on it like the above poster. BUT I really want something that doesn't scream "that guy has a gun" when I'm out just hiking.

Yeah man. A thin kydex holster securely fastened to the back of a FHF or marsupial seems like it would still be pretty low profile and discrete. The binos might actually work in your favor to conceal your pistol. Then its "That guy has binoculars!, He must be birdwatching"

WKR
Pretty much what I'm going for, lol

frankrb3

WKR
The idea of binoculars strapped on top of a handgun in a chest harness configuration will never be thin enough for me to consider (even with the lowest profile bino harness and holster). Now I'm sure you could do it and have at least 6" of gear protruding from your chest but that just seems goofy. I wear my pistol on my belt, and binos on my chest and to be honest there are times where just my ACG bino harness seems thick. I think the trick is to accept that it's not practical and to try to find the best may to distribute your gear across your body so it doesn't become a hassle.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I run my kenai between my S4 gear harness.

[video=youtube;jcoF3xsvHmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcoF3xsvHmQ[/video]

Thanks,
Boswell

The first pic has a 30rd PMAG, with a 20rd mag you can't see them. The binos are a 10x42.

(Sorry the pics are small and upside down)

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 385

WKR
So today I just stuffed my g22 into the back pocket of my fhf. It actually rode pretty well. Would benefit from a kydex sleeve or something to give more structure so it rides vertically. And needs a retention system. But literally just shoving it in the fhf seemed at least as secure as the nose gunner.

I think you could get away with adapting a G-Code kydex holster, using their velcro chest rig kit and slip it into the rear zippered pouch on an AGC bino pouch.

I've foregone the holster, and just stuffed my pistol directly into the mesh pouch on back...

IMG_3433_zpsg3jinu1z.jpg

IMG_3438_zpskoeujdah.jpg

WKR
Yup, pretty much what I did today.