Rangefinder testing conditions?

To all,

What would you considered would be some of the best conditions to test out rangefinders or at least go to the store and maybe take them outside?

Looking into new rangefinders I have leupold rx-1000 just sent it in to them...the digital read out was fading and I think it was overall off on its readings. But my main concern is the warranty talking with the gentleman from leupold it's only 5 year warranty on these but long story short I got my one free pass on this one and hopefully they'll be able to fix it....

Anyone have any Reccomendations on rangefinders and there warranties? I called Sig and their policy is about the same as leupold I called and they said pretty much if it's screwed up no matter will fix it.... (Really considering the Sig kilo 2000) Or all or any Reccomendations are welcome

Bright sunny conditions while trying to range a highly reflective object will probably give the best results, but hunting conditions don't always reflect those conditions. AND Elk and deer aren't very reflective. I would say as far as conditions go, whatever best duplicates the weather when and where you hunt would be the best, but that can vary too much. I would just try several different rangefinders ranging the same objects would probably be the best. Which ones range the fastest, and which ones show the same range without much variation between them?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows