Swarovski BRH vs Ballistic Turret

weaver

WKR
I had the ballistic turret and it worked with no issues. That said I think I would go with the brh reticle if I bought another Swarovski. You can only get around 600yds out of the BT anyways since it only goes one revolution. Also wouldn't have to worry that it's tracking properly.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

7stw

WKR
I'm in the same spot. About to pull the trigger on a new z5 but I'm considering one with the 4w reticle and a custom set of turrets from the outdoorsmans. Still researching but interested what other options I need to consider. I really don't like the Christmas tree type reticles although Swarovski's brh and brx aren't nearly as busy as some on the market.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

OP
Schaaf

Schaaf

WKR
I'm leaning towards the BRH, mainly due to the fact that my own hunting preferences will prevent me from ever taking a shot out past 500 yards.i don't imagine I would need ballistic turrets for those ranges.

JCohHTX

FNG
Resurrecting this old thread, since I am now in the same quandary and have successfully used the search function. OP, what did you decide and how did it work out? Anyone else have any thoughts? I am looking at the Swaro Z5 on a Tikka 300 wm. Mainly for use on elk and mule deer. I don't expect to shoot game past 600 yards with this setup, and most shots will probably be more like 300.