Recording my hunts?

bobhunts

WKR
I have talked to a few people that do it and are on TV. They are using DSLR cameras and am wondering if you film your hunts do you use a DSLR or a dedicated Camcorder? Gonna start doing the film thing as much as I can and looking at a Panasonic FZ 300. Looks like a lot more than I can get in a Camcorder for the same money. Advice?

ahawk116

FNG
I have talked to a few people that do it and are on TV. They are using DSLR cameras and am wondering if you film your hunts do you use a DSLR or a dedicated Camcorder? Gonna start doing the film thing as much as I can and looking at a Panasonic FZ 300. Looks like a lot more than I can get in a Camcorder for the same money. Advice?

I film whitetail and turkey hunts for a show. We primarily use camcorders instead of the dslr's.

There is a lot more to this than I can cover in a post, but the short version is the image quality of a dslr is much better than a camcorders when your talking the same price.

The advantage of the camcorders is primarily the simplicity of them. Aka it's easier to use one to get some decent footage.

The shows I film for are all internet based so the video quality doesn't have to be prime.

That's the question I would start with. How great does this footage need to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk