Outdoorsman order: Am I missing anything?

Hope you dont mind me piggybacking on this thread but wanted to see what people are using to attach their binos to their panhead? the outdoorsmen looks sweet but i don't feel like buying their micopan. What's the best way to mount a pair of SLC's 10x42's to a Vanguard P111 head?

I plan to keep my binos on my chest harness then pull out to glass from tripod when necessary. thanks!

The tall or short bino adapter is also drilled and tapped (1/4×20 I believe) on the bottom for acceptance on virtually any head or plate. I'd go that route, then if you ever decide to go with one of their heads you are good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll give them a call today. I don't think I need the slcs drilled and tapped just the ELs but I could be wrong. Thanks!

Just placed my order and bit the bullet on their micro pan head. Expensive but was tired of searching for another solution and figure buy once, right. Can't wait to start scouting. Next up a pair of 15's!

OP
A

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
*Update*

Where has this setup been my whole life? I've just been playing around with them in my yard but the things I can pick up on now is mind-blowing. Some examples:

- Flies on a horse's ass about 3/4 mile away.
-Some animal (I assume a coyote) moving thru the wheat field about 1/2 mile behind my house at final light. I couldn't even see the field with my naked eye because it was so dark, but could tell something was out there walking in it.
-I took a quick look at some stars on a cloudy night (I'm a dork...). Picked a moderately bright one and soon learned that it wasn't a star at all, but a planet, as evidenced by the 4 moons I could clearly see orbiting it.

All this with a pair of freaking binoculars (and quality tripod)!

I'm simply amazed at what this system is capable of doing. Anyone holding out on a quality glassing system? Don't!