New rangefinder help

Jaker_cc

WKR
Yesterday heading home from the range I stopped in to grab a bite to eat and my truck got broken into. The only thing they took was my rangefinder... Left my bow, two pair of sunglasses, and a pistol in the console. So long story short I'm in the market for a new archery rangefinder. I would like the angle compensation technology but that's pretty much my only requirement.

What do y'all use and like or would you recommend to take a look at. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Sig, Leica and Leupold are all good choices. I have the Leica 1000R and Leupold 1200i DNA and both work good. I wouldn't hesitate buying the Sig Kilo 2200 from all the good reviews I've read.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Sig Kilo 2000 or 2200 will be my next range finder. I ran a Leupold 1200i DNA last year it failed me in the worst of times. I could not get a range on anything past 45 yards in light mist/fog while a big bull was coming in. Visibility was well over a mile and the range finder should have worked in my opinion. Now during this my partners Nikon would not range at all while the Leupold would get out to 45 yards so that something but still not okay with me. From my understanding, the SIG are the best for the foggy type conditions. That said I will be using a SIG 2000 this year.
If you want a Leupold 1200i DNA TBR I have one I would sell. LOL

Jimbob

WKR
Sig kilo 850. Best bang for your buck. I got it on sale at cabbalas last year for $160 I believe. The only thing I wish it had was an illuminated reticle. Other than that it is perfect. If you want the illuminated reticle and further ranging then get the Kilo 2000.

aaro9991

FNG
I agree with Jimbob. sig kilo is a great rangefinder. I just bought one from eBay brand new for $130 and free shipping

I have a leica crf 900.
Non angle compensating but rock solid.
Not looking to upgrade anytime soon and mine is over 5 years old.

7stw

WKR
I run a Leica 1600 b and really like it. If you don't rifle hunt or shoot very far the vortex are nice. Having a larger beam it wouldn't range animals or targets at distances I shoot. The Leica is great gives a shoot to reading in steep terrain. That being said the sig's are getting fantastic reviews from lots of people. If I where in the market agin I would be looking hard at a sig

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday heading home from the range I stopped in to grab a bite to eat and my truck got broken into. The only thing they took was my rangefinder... Left my bow, two pair of sunglasses, and a pistol in the console. So long story short I'm in the market for a new archery rangefinder. I would like the angle compensation technology but that's pretty much my only requirement.

What do y'all use and like or would you recommend to take a look at. Thanks in advance.

Sig would be my first choice for your use with Leupold 2nd. Both work great for archery but the Sig has the advantage if you want to range something further.

Even though I can't shoot my bow 1000 yds. it's still useful sometimes to have a rangefinder that will range a long way as I plan a stalk.

i have the sig kilo 2000 and leupold rx-1000i tbr, hard to go wrong with the sig and money well spent. was a perfect match to pair with a kestrel 5700 with applied ballistics as well great with a bow. the leupold is great with bow not as good in fog, less distance that it can range be it animals or reflective/non reflective. the leupold is smaller than the sig but both weigh 7.8 oz, i bought the leupold first then the sig for the reviews/curiosity/a back up range finder and a rifle i set up for long d. the leupold has always given readings in conditions, fog etc...where the nikons have not my buddy's use and the sig even more so than the leupold.... good luck.........