Quick Meopta Meostar questions

WKR
Are the Meopta Meostar binoculars (12x50, and 15x56) threaded for a quick release type bino stud/adapter? Specifically, I use the KDC quick release system.

Did Cabelas drop the Meopta line of house brand binos, the Euro HD I believed they were called?

Thanks in advance.

ianpadron

WKR
They are threaded, I have the 12x50 MeoStars with a quick release Vortex setup, works just fine.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP

WKR
Ianpadron;

Are you the guy who also has the Maven 11x45? From what I can tell, via specs, they will be very similar in terms of optical performance to the Meopta 12x50. The 1x less magnification, combined with the 5mm smaller objective, but the use of AK prism instead of SP, seems to result in VERY similar overall performance but would like to hear from someone who's actually looked through both. I was on the hunt for B4's from Maven until the ergonomics ruled them out for my face.

Now I'm considering the Meopta in 15x56, and 12x50 and thinking the Maven is the equivalent of the 12x50.

Deciding between 15's and 12's should keep me busily combing the internet for a while... Ugh.

ianpadron

WKR
Ianpadron;

Are you the guy who also has the Maven 11x45? From what I can tell, via specs, they will be very similar in terms of optical performance to the Meopta 12x50. The 1x less magnification, combined with the 5mm smaller objective, but the use of AK prism instead of SP, seems to result in VERY similar overall performance but would like to hear from someone who's actually looked through both. I was on the hunt for B4's from Maven until the ergonomics ruled them out for my face.

Now I'm considering the Meopta in 15x56, and 12x50 and thinking the Maven is the equivalent of the 12x50.

Deciding between 15's and 12's should keep me busily combing the internet for a while... Ugh.
I don't have the Mavens.

Came down to the B2 11x45s vs the MeoStar 12x50s though. I went with the Meoptas.

Have not looked through the Mavens...heard they're good stuff, but based on my Meoptas, I can't imagine a better set of binos ever being necessary/possible...at least at a cost that's justifiable.

That being said, I'd still like to try the 9x45 Mavens.

OP

WKR
How did you know that ianpadron? Were you in that store or is there some secret Bargain Cave Society?

Either way, impressive find.

ianpadron

WKR
How did you know that ianpadron? Were you in that store or is there some secret Bargain Cave Society?

Either way, impressive find.
Haha I live over there, was less than a week ago.

2 pairs of 12x50s and 1 pair of 15x56s. SMOKIN deals. I'd call 'em and see if they'll ship.