Swarovski SLC HD 10X42

270quest

WKR
I am seriously considering selling my Leica Geovids and picking up these binos and a separate leica RF. Has anyone got anthing good or bad to say about these binos? I want the best optical performance I can get but something a lot lighter than the geovids. Plus I want a bino that will be easy to throw on a tripod at a moments notice. The rolling ball got me bit on the Swarovision so I am looking at these. I did love the view of the Zeiss HT, but its not nearly as tripod friendly - and that is a big deal for me on this purchase.

HookUp

WKR
I used ELs last season and will be running 10x42 SLCs this fall. Used some 8x42 el range and still em going SLC with Kilo finder. I think they are as clear as anything, light weight and compact and very ergonomic in hand.

AGPank

WKR
I don't think you are going to find much not to like about the SLC. They don't have field flattener and different ergonomics.

I had the 8x42 and loved them.

Too bad Swaro moved away from 32mm SLC line.

wildcat33

WKR
Im in the market for the SLC 10x42 as well. Anyone have a lead on the best place to purchase?

Daniel_M

WKR
Been using the same pair of SLC 10x42s for a few years now, no complaints. Typical Swaro quality you'd expect. I've even considered moving up to a 12x if the deal was right.

Beendare

WKR
I had the 10x geo's and side by side with the 10x Swaro SLCs you would have to be an optics expert to tell the difference-both excellent glass. The ELs are just a little different, excellent but i prefer the view of the SLCs though i like the weight and ergos of the ELs better.

I find i prefer a seperate RF...

I had the 10x geo's and side by side with the 10x Swaro SLCs you would have to be an optics expert to tell the difference-both excellent glass. The ELs are just a little different, excellent but i prefer the view of the SLCs though i like the weight and ergos of the ELs better.

I find i prefer a seperate RF...
Did you look through them in the last hour of light? I did a side by side of the geovids and the SLC during the golden hour and there was no comparison, SLC was way brighter and way more clear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Have em and love em. Very few optics will compare to them imho and I have made the rounds with all of the top optics manufactures. As stated above at dusk and dawn they really shine. Yet I also find it is much easier to pick things out in the trees with the Swaro's vs all the other bino's I have tried. A Sig Kilo 2000 is also what I run for my range finder, I find this to be a really great setup.

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine. A lot of money initially but well worth it. With that said I have a doubler for sale. Works with ELs and SLCs. Just don't use 'em. $225

frankrb3

WKR
I did love the view of the Zeiss HT, but its not nearly as tripod friendly - and that is a big deal for me on this purchase.

I've read a lot of threads about binoculars on this website and others and have found very few people who didn't have great things to say about their SLCs. I do want to mention though that the outdoorsmans company can install their binocular stud for tripod mounting on the Zeiss HTs just like they do on the swaro ELs. Ofcourse it's about $100 and you have to send them in. I will be doing exactly this when I pick up my HT's next month. SLCs are threaded so it's true that it is a simpler install for mounting options. Just wanted to let you know incase you really likes the HTs but was discouraged with their ability to be mounted.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I appreciate everyone's feedback...committed to buying a pair of Swaro EL SV 10X50's off this site tonight. Just to good of a deal to pass up. (if your curious you will see in the first page or two of the classifieds) Now I just need to sell my Geovids....otherwise I will have $1700 "backup binos" lol