Window mount question

JBHunt_3

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm not even sure this is possible, but I'm looking for a way I would be able to use the same quick release plates for my tripod head and a window mount head. I'm all set up with the Benro S2 and have the quick release plates for it. All of the window mounts I've seen have their own head that I don't think then Benro quick release plate would fit, and I don't want to have to switch the quick release plate when I go from the tripod mount to window mount. So basically what I'm wondering is there a mount that just attaches to the window that I can attach a 2nd Benro to? Or what are my other options?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
I have a vortex summit with an vanguard PV-111 head on it. I also bought the vortex summit window mount and switched the head between the tripod and window mount depending on whether I was pack hunting or truck scouting. I preferred the pan over the stock ball heads which I bought at first so I didn't have to switch plates on all my optics every time. I just bought a second head so both will be semi permanent installs.

You could buy any window mount with a removable head such as the vortex ss and a 3/8 to 1/4 20 adapter if needed and throw a second benro head on it or trade between tripod and window mount

OP
J

JBHunt_3

Lil-Rokslider
Oh interesting I didn't know the heads were removable on certain window mounts. Thanks, that was pretty much the information I was looking for.

Napperm4

WKR
No problem. The vortex summit ss window mount in particular has a 3/8 screw on the plate. Mine came shipped with the ball head already loose but the tripod took some work to get it off. Hope that helps

Last edited:
I have a manfrotto 243. It come with no head and a 3/8 threaded stud. I mounted a manfrotto 700 rc2 to it. I'm sure a benro head will mount to it.

Jimss

WKR
I have a Monfrotto 243 window pod ($35). I use it in combo with my Gitzo G2180 Head and Gitzo GT0531 tripod. I have a quick release bracket on my Gitzo tripod and the same release mounted on the Monfrotto 243 window pod. I transfer the entire tripod head back and forth between the window mount and tripod. I also have a quick release to take my spotter off the Gitzo head. It's mostly a matter of finding the right sized thread mounts for the particular tripod and window mount you are using. I really like this setup....it is super solid, quick, and easy to go back and forth. I do a lot of antelope hunting where I am constantly switching back and forth between window mount/tripod.

I've had around a dozen tripods over the years and have been using and abusing the Gitzo setup mentioned above for the past 10ish years. After years of frustration I finally found a setup that functions well and takes my abuse. It is expensive but has been well worth every penny! I doubt if I will ever need a new one.