Tripod adapters

twall13

WKR
Do most of you guys just leave the adapter attached to your tripod when carrying/strapping to your backpack?

I've done it both ways and it just depends on what I'm doing. I use my tripod for photography as well so a lot of times I carry the bino adapter in my bino harness but if I'm doing a lot of glassing I will leave the adapter on the tripod without any worry.

OP
L

lif

WKR
No stud sticking off the bottom of binos? I do want to leave the stud attached

twall13

WKR
The stud stays attached to the binos, but it doesn't protrude out below the binoculars. It runs parallel to the barrels of the binoculars. The mount itself detaches from the stud and the tripod separately. If you want to leave the whole mount stuck to the binos there are systems like that (Peak Designs Capture Bino, Vortex Unidapter, etc.) I never wanted the mount sticking in to my chest or not allowing my binos to slide into the harness as well.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do most of you guys just leave the adapter attached to your tripod when carrying/strapping to your backpack?

I don't because the pan head when folded up has it at an angle and I put it into a pocket on my pack (versus strapped to the outside). I just release the quick release plate and load both the adapter and tripod into that pocket on my pack. If I'm wandering around to another glassing vantage point carrying the tripod in hand I leave it on though. If I used a ball head I'd likely leave it on unless it didn't look like it would fit in my pack that way.

twall13

WKR
Good point pods8. I use a ballhead so it's not a big deal for me to leave it attached.

muddydogs

WKR
I took an old small bino case that I had laying around with a belt loop on the back and zip tied it to one of my tripod legs for an easy convenient place to put adapters and shoes in. Works well and keeps everything together.