Where to buy kowa spotter??

hwy1strat

WKR
I read post after post of people claiming they got "so and so" optic for $x,xxx but whenever I look for these optics I can only find them for more money. I am looking to purchase the kola tsn-883 prominar spotter with the 25-60x lens but the best price I can find is about $3,100. I know I've seen people claim to have only paid around $2,500. Is there some secret optics website that I don't know about. I appreciate all the help.

Travis

ianpadron

WKR
Don't have an exact answer for ya, but it's always worthwhile to ask what the rock bottom price is for a dealer, there is WAY more wiggle room than you'd think.

I got some $1400 binos for like 1100 bucks from Euro Optic, simply because I asked.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

AlaskaEd

WKR
You can get one from eBay for $2500ish, but that's shipped from Japan, so support may be iffy. May be best to wait for sales, or call around. If they have MAP policies, vendors can't advertise lower than a certain price.

ETA: A quick google showed Eagle optics had that setup for $2800, optics4birding is $2650 w/free shipping.

Last edited:
I read post after post of people claiming they got "so and so" optic for $x,xxx but whenever I look for these optics I can only find them for more money. I am looking to purchase the kola tsn-883 prominar spotter with the 25-60x lens but the best price I can find is about $3,100. I know I've seen people claim to have only paid around $2,500. Is there some secret optics website that I don't know about. I appreciate all the help.

Travis

Kowa raised their prices not to long ago, you could find the 25-60 eye piece for 550 and the 88 body for 2K at pretty much any dealer. I would call B&H and see if they have any bodies left that they bought under the old price structure.

WKR
I'd try B&H, S&S and cameraland NY. Calling will give you a better number than checking online.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Seems like I've seen quite a few Kowa's for sale on here in the Classifieds over the last couple years. If you're not in a hurry, keep your eyes open. It's when you're in a hurry that you get taken to the cleaners on pricing.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Travis

Good morning Travis,
It is always a pleasure to work with the members here. Please give me a call, you'll be pleased you did :)

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
If you can afford it get the 1.6 extender with the scope. I am looking at this for my next set up. The birder reviews have been well received with the extender but I have not seen any hunter reviews yet. A 96 power 88mm scope could be a game changer. You could even stack the extenders to achieve 192 power magnification.