Which spotter? Vortex vs leupold

DEW0341

WKR
Looking for input.

-This will be my first spotting scope. I primarily will use it for hunting in the west mainly mule deer in colorado/Arizona/california every couple years for elk, scouting, shooting long range with friends, and taking video/photo of shooting and wildlife with a phoneskope.

-these are the models I have selected.
Vortex razor HD 27-60x85
Leupold GR 20-60x80
I have looked through a small amount of spotters. Swarovski side by side leupold, a bushnell and a couple others. I have not looked in razor HD from vortex but I own a pair of razor HD binos so I have that as a baseline.

-The leupold slightly less weight a little more compact easier to pack around, FOV I believe is dam near the same. A little added bonus with leupold is the kit that comes with the 80mm objective GR I could see myself occasionally using the window mount, a second tripod to utilize solely for glassing optics and one I currently use for shooting only I guess, a cover to protect it and a case for storage.

-I would prefer the bigger objective lens with more magnification but would take opinions if there are any of why not to get the largest variants of these models and opt for smaller versions other than weight saving and FOV.

thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
I have no experience with the Leupold, but had a Razor 85mm for the last few years. Its a great scope for the money and you won't be disappointed. My advice would be to try and do a side by side comparison and see which one you like better. I just sold mine this spring and upgraded to a Swaro.

Best advice I can give is to look them over in person, then search the classifieds for a used scope. It will save you lots of $$$ verses buying new.

Be sure to compare these side by side in low light. That is when the better glass shines.

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
Be sure to compare these side by side in low light. That is when the better glass shines.

I don't have a vortex spotter to compare.... only the non HD gold ring which is my buddies and a pair of vortex viper HD 10x42's

WRO

WKR
There is a used meopta meostar for 1500.00 posted here somewhere, it's significantly better than the options you have listed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk