glassing with a tripod for a long time with a bad back?

I'm kind of a sloucher and if I sit for a long time without support my lower back really kills me. I have a glassing pad but is there any other tricks? Tempted to maybe even start packing in a lightweight camping chair for comfort. Tripod stool would be lighter but less support

WKR
Helinox zero chair is going with me this year. That, and a fleece or something shoved behind my lumbar curve is my current best answer. The type of back pain would play into the best answer though.

KClark

WKR
Do you use a straight or angled spotter? IME the angled spotter is much easier on the neck and back because your head is tilted forward (down) and not back (up).

twall13

WKR
Here is a lightweight option for you. Very similar to the old Kifaru Field Chair. I don't own one yet but I'll likely get one at some point. Pair it with my sit pad and I'll be good to go. I've purchased reflective cord from them for my bear bag kit and guylines and I'm satisfied with the quality of their stuff so far.

boom

WKR
Here is a lightweight option for you. Very similar to the old Kifaru Field Chair. I don't own one yet but I'll likely get one at some point. Pair it with my sit pad and I'll be good to go. I've purchased reflective cord from them for my bear bag kit and guylines and I'm satisfied with the quality of their stuff so far.

that's pretty neat!!

i'm still good with a chopped up sleeping pad and just sitting out there..i'm blesses still. good luck OP.

OP
bojangles808
both of the crazy creek and qwikback look like great options thanks for the suggestions. i glass normally with my brunton binos on a tripod havent ponied up for a spotter yet. i think ill try the crazy creek first. it will beat definitely beat the coleman woodsman chair ive been strapping to my pack lately. dont mind sacrificing weight for comfort at all