Maven C.1 vs Vortex Viper HD 10x42

GWH22

FNG
Looking to upgrade and was wondering if anyone has been able to look at the C.1 yet for comparison.

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a C1 8x42 for review. They look to be aimed squarely at the Viper class glass. Kind of amazing what they got in there for $325.

OP
G

GWH22

FNG
Just got a C1 8x42 for review. They look to be aimed squarely at the Viper class glass. Kind of amazing what they got in there for $325.

Thanks. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on C.1 10x42. Can't wait to get them in hand and try them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Thanks. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on C.1 10x42. Can't wait to get them in hand and try them out.

You won't be sorry and you saved some money. I've looked through them both and I would take the Mavens even if they were the same price.

I don't get all techy with optics, but it doesn't take me long to figure out if I like the glass or not. Mavens just became the clear winner on the 700.00 and under binoculars IMO.

Comparing the Maven C.1 to the Swarovski SLC - YouTube

OP
G

GWH22

FNG
Your interview with Brendon from Maven is what really pushed me to go ahead and get them. I saw your video today "comparing" these to the Swarovskis, and while like you said, it's not an apples to apples comparison, the fact is these are $350. Until I can convince my wife I need $2000 swaros, these will fit the bill.