Initial impressions of the Maven C.1

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I did a quick video on what I think about the C.1. I've been using them for the past few days. I check them out in low light and a couple pretty long glassing sessions. I compare them to the SLCs mainly because they are the only other 8x42s that I own. This should hold you over till the optic nerds really break them down.

FYI, I will have them with me at the NorthWest Archery Challenge this weekend if you want to see them stop by.

Oh... I keep looking left in this video because people keep walking down the trail towards me:)

[video=youtube_share;QwT0Oeckdp8]https://youtu.be/QwT0Oeckdp8[/video]

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the review. Sounds like these are a good option to compete with the vortex vipers that I was considering.

Dkd

FNG
Ryan,
Was ready to buy Leopold BX-3 Mojave HD 10x42 for my boys, can be found for $350 or so, any comparison to the C.1?
You said you have looked through a lot of glass...

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan,
Was ready to buy Leopold BX-3 Mojave HD 10x42 for my boys, can be found for $350 or so, any comparison to the C.1?
You said you have looked through a lot of glass...

I honestly could not tell you, the Mojave don't fit my cyclopes head.

jaredlef

FNG
Ryan - what kind of tripod mounting options are available for the C1? Do you know if Maven plans on making anything?

WKR
I believe that they are threaded like the B series binoculars so the usual options would be available.

sndmn11

WKR
Mine showed up today to hold me over while I make up my mind on B1/B2s. The eye pieces are removable, the front of the hinge is threaded for an adapter, and, the surprise to me, they are made in the Philippines.

Last edited:

Dkd

FNG
Mine showed up today to hold me over while I make up my mind on B1/B2s. The eye pieces are removable, the front of the hinge is threaded for an adapter, and, the surprise to me, they are made in the Philippines.
What's your impression so far?

GWH22

FNG
I got mine earlier this week and so far have been very impressed. I was moving up from the Vortex Diamondback and was debating between these and the Vipers. After looking through both sets of glass I can say that I am very pleased with my choice. My C.1's are just as clean and clear if not more. Very light weight and seem to be very durable (only time will tell on that). If you're moving up from an entry level glass like the Diamondbacks and you're thinking about the Vipers like I was, you need to look at saving yourself $150 and consider the C.1!