Kowa TSN-553 55mm spotter review from S&S Archery

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yup this will be on the list as my Christmas, Birthday, Valentines Day, Father's Day wish list :)

Be perfect for caribou, bear, and deer hunts where legality isn't decided by horn/antler configurations.

It would save me over 2.5 pounds and a LOT of pack space over my 85mm Zeiss when that is simply overkill.

mcseal2

WKR
I sold my STM65 Swaro and orded this one from Rob. Can't wait to try it out.

Dobermann

WKR
Rob: I might have missed it in the review or the shop listing, but what's in the box?

More specifically, do these come with a scope cover, or is there a good Kowa one or an aftermarket that will fit?

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just the scope in the box. I will get with Kowa on Monday for info on a case, or stay on case(pretty sure they are available). There is also a good phone scope option if you are an iPhone user.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rob: I might have missed it in the review or the shop listing, but what's in the box?

More specifically, do these come with a scope cover, or is there a good Kowa one or an aftermarket that will fit?

Doesn't look like the case/stay on case will be available right away. I'll keep you posted on that. However we do have the smartphone digiscoping adapter ready to go. You can check it out here:

Kowa Digiscoping Phone Adapter | Hunting Optics | S&S Archery

The adapter ring for the 55mm is an extra option, make sure you select it when purchasing.

rob

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Just hammered out the review last night...sending draft to first round editor (Becca) tonight before sending it off to Justin. I will not be selling this baby spotter...exceeded expectations for sure.

jmden

WKR
Please put a link here to you review. Have been waiting for awhile to see what you and others have to say. Packing the Kowa 664M now and I do use the 60x more than I thought I would so, this 553 is really going to have to shine...