What would you guys suggest for spotting scope protection in your pack?

Here's the dilemma - I got a smoking deal on a Cabelas Instinct Euro HD scope, but it didn't come with the lens covers.

I considered buying a neoprene cover for it, but I can't see spending $100 on a piece of fabric. I have an objective lens cap on order, is there any way other than the cover? Any other ideas for protecting it?

Thanks

I use a coozy neoprene beverage can cover on my eyepiece of the angled Swaro 20-60 x 65 scope. The Swaro eyepiece cover kept falling off in the pack and I was worried about lens damage. I cut a small slit near the the top of the coozy and hook it over the sight tube. After a few years that slit was getting worn out so I cut another on the other side of the coozy.......good for a few more years.

I do not like the bulk of a neoprene scope cover in the backpack so don't use my Kings camo cover when backpacking. If using the scope on the quad I typically put it on. I carry the scope in an area of the pack with soft stuff and ensure that at least one layer of nylon separates the spotter from the tripod. Good luck!

mcseal2

WKR
A friend from Wyoming uses a half gallon Crown Royal bag for his Leupold Gold Ring. He has a lot of them, he likes Crown.

For me it depends what spotter and pack I have.