Best/Lightest tripod that doesnt start with SLIK

Looking of a full height tripod for glassing.

Requirements: LIGHT, STURDY, CARBON F, NOT SLIK

bbrown

WKR
Check out the Sirui line up as they have a couple different options that may work for you. I'm using this version but in aluminum and at $115 it's a steal. Bit short for standing unless you are short and using an angled spotter but they have a couple others.

Access Denied

AlaskaEd

WKR
Sirui T025x at 1.5 lbs and $200. It even comes with a nice panning ball head. Hard to beat the price vs quality. They are popular with backpacking photographers but haven't been talked about much in the hunting circles. I found out about them from a photographer buddy who got it at the local camera store. This particular model is too short for me to stand up straight especially with a straight spotter, however.

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
Looking of a full height tripod for glassing.

Requirements: LIGHT, STURDY, CARBON F, NOT SLIK
Just out of curiosity what do you not like about Slik? I'm in your same boat, looking for the same thing and have nearly pulled the trigger on a couple different Sliks but haven't yet.

Brianb3

WKR
Just picked up a Benro TSL08CN00

Just released this month.

So far really impressed. @ 119$ 2.2lb w head w/o 1.46

Carbon fiber.

I put the Benro S2 on it and I think it's close to 1 14 oz

I've held the 522 it bulkier.

Price point I'd say it's gotta be one of the best out there.

Access Denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robie

WKR
Gitzo will be the best. For a more affordable option look at Induro.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OK_hunter

FNG
I picked up the Promaster xc525c this summer and I am impressed with it so far. It is very solid for a light weight tripod.

Boreal

WKR
Sirui T-1205X. Lose the long center pole and get a shortie. Then put a Manfrotto 128RC on there and you're set. I don't use the pan head handle, but move the head with the spotting scope itself. I have multiple quick release feet, so I can use the same tripod for spotting scope, DSLR, binos, etc.

LaHunter

WKR
I've had the Promaster 525 carbon fiber tripod for the past 4 seasons. I use it with my 65 mm straight spotter and am very happy with it. It's a little short for glassing while standing, but for sitting it's great. It has twist lock legs, which some don't like, but I do. It packs down very compact. I'm curious why you don't like the Slik tripods, since they typically get pretty good reviews from guys that have them.

young7.3

WKR
Sirui T025x at 1.5 lbs and $200. It even comes with a nice panning ball head. Hard to beat the price vs quality. They are popular with backpacking photographers but haven't been talked about much in the hunting circles. I found out about them from a photographer buddy who got it at the local camera store. This particular model is too short for me to stand up straight especially with a straight spotter, however.

How well would you say the ballhead is at panning?

AlaskaEd

WKR
How well would you say the ballhead is at panning?

Seems to be pretty good to me. It's pans/rotates side to side very smoothly due to the lower part of the head (sorry I don't know nomenclature for tripod heads) and you can turn a knob to change the resistance. The ball also moves smooth a has a good range of resistance. FWIW, all my spotters are pretty light (<45oz) It's my first ball head so I don't have much to campare it to, although everyone that has seen it has been very impressed.

1760yds

FNG
I'm also curious about what people have against the SLIK? I have two of them and have been very happy with them.