Maven 80mm vs Vortex Razor 85mm?

I am in the market for a new mid range spotting scope. After some investigating, I have narrowed my choice down to the Maven 80mm and the Vortex Razor 85mm. Would like to know if anyone has had the opportunity to compare these two scopes and if so which is the more superior scope and why. Any help would be appreciated. Best.

Maven I feel is an optically better scope. I have ran both and liked the Maven more. That being said I now run a Meopta spotter.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
i had vortex viper binos that leaked water 2x and they got replaced with mavens and have a brighter sharper image for sure.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
i had vortex viper binos that leaked water 2x and they got replaced with mavens and have a brighter sharper image for sure.

Replaced with which Mavens? I'm between Vipers and the C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
10x42 the b2. obviously a different price point but i got them at a sportsmen show and saved 10% and no sales tax.

gbrim21

FNG
This post is a little old, but how did the Maven spotter stack up the Meopta? Obviously you feel the Meopta spotter is better, just curious how close the Maven is to it?

Haven't seen a lot of first hand experience with it versus other spotters.

Maven I feel is an optically better scope. I have ran both and liked the Maven more. That being said I now run a Meopta spotter.

Maven compares very well with the Meopta. I enjoyed it a lot but wanted that little extra power that the Meopta has. That's ultimately why I chose it over the maven

Schaaf

WKR
This post is a little old, but how did the Maven spotter stack up the Meopta? Obviously you feel the Meopta spotter is better, just curious how close the Maven is to it?

Haven't seen a lot of first hand experience with it versus other spotters.

I used to own the Maven Spotting scope and was very fond of it. With that said, I feel that in the same price range a person would be wise to take a long look at the Meopta S2 and the Kowa 773, which is what I have now after doing a side by side over three days.

a person would be wise to take a long look at the Meopta S2 and the Kowa 773, which is what I have now after doing a side by side over three days.

Schaaf, sending you a PM so as not to threadjack SilentTree's thread, I'd like to get your thoughts on the Meopta S2 and Kowa 773, these are both scopes that I'm currently looking at along with the Swaro ATS 80.