Swarovski ATS 65 vs 80

I am in the market for a new spotting scope and hopefully the last one I will want for a long time. I have narrowed it down to the Swarovski ATS, but can't decide if I want the 65 or 80. Most of my hunting is out west and backpack style hunts. Looking for opinions.

Thanks!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am in the market for a new spotting scope and hopefully the last one I will want for a long time. I have narrowed it down to the Swarovski ATS, but can't decide if I want the 65 or 80. Most of my hunting is out west and backpack style hunts. Looking for opinions.

Thanks!
The 25-50x 65mm ATS is probably the most popular scope for backpack hunters, due to it's light weight and high end glass. Hard to justify carrying the extra weight of the 80. You might also consider the Kowa 77mm. I compared both side by side and chose the Kowa. Here was my write up. Kowa 77mm Spotting Scope Comparison and Review - S&S Archery Backcountry

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
65 if your going to be packing it on your back, like Rob said no sense in carrying the extra weight. I have an ATS 65 and really like it.