15x recommendations for narrow IPD

TheCougar

WKR
I'm tossing around getting a set of 15x binos. I have a very narrow IPD- my 10x42 SLCs are cranked down almost to the minimum, and they advertise a minimum 56mm IPD. I'm looking at a few binos that are in the neighborhood of 56mm IPD, such as the Meopta 15x56, Zeiss Conquest 15x56, etc. I'm also budget limited, but I do have access to some solid discounts. Meopta is a bit out of my price range, but that is what I would buy if I had the choice. I'd buy used as long as the glass is very good- my SLCs spoiled me! I also know there some companies that I have no experience with - Leupold, maven, zen ray, etc. Any recommendations from the crowd for narrow-eyed freaks looking for big glass? Besides Zeiss and Meopta, anyone have any recommendations for good glass? Anyone looking to sell? Thanks.

mcr-85

WKR
I had the Vortex Kaibab 20s but they wouldn't go narrow enough. They werent comfortable to glass with and gave me headaches. I horse traded my way into a pair of Zeiss Conquest HDs. I like them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same issue you have.
I never got the chance to look at the Meopta/Cabelas Euro HD in 15x56 but the Zeiss Conquest 15x56 are perfect for me. Zero experience with the others but if you feel like blowing your budget up the new swaro hd's fit weirdo's like us perfectly.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Yeah, the swaros ain't gonna happen. I'd buy used ones, but the older style is too wide.

gbrim21

FNG
As mentioned above, Kaibabs don't go very narrow. I had them cranked down as far as theyd go and still needed a bit more. Zeiss Conquest HD fit though. The Zeiss listed IPD is 57, but the Maven B4 is listed at 55 I believe if you needed to go even smaller.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Same issue here. I use Docter 15X60. Large size but much overlooked phenomenal optics. Tripod adapter available from Jim White.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Anyone used the Leupold Santiam? Never heard of them until I started looking? Anyone have experience with the Maven 15x?

twall13

WKR
Jordan Budd on the Rokslide staff did a recent review of the Maven 15x's. Here is a link. That may give you a place to ask specific questions if the thread doesn't already have those answers.

Grumman

WKR
Website says sold out. I will have to check periodically to see if they restock.

The Louisville KY store had a set in stock the other day, even though the website said out of stock. You might give them a buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I am bumping this thread. Apparently I am a beetlejuice shrunken headed freak. I am on a trip to Virgina and I dropped by the local Cabelas because I have nothing else to do. That had TWO used 15x56 Cabelas Euros in the bargin bin! I was gloating about my luck, then I tried to look through them. TOO WIDE!!! They didn't have the SLCs or the Zeiss in stock for me to try, but the meoptas are some of the narrowest IPD and they didn't work. I am worried that I can't run 15s with my IPD. Any ideas? I tried varying eye relief, removing the lens covers, and squeezing the tubes together, but I still get vingetting on the edges and the oculars just don't line up.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Try to get a hold of the Conquests. My IPD is pretty narrow also and they work perfectly for me.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
What I don't understand is this: Zeiss 57mm, Swaro and a Meopta are 56mm. My swaro 10x42 SLCs are 56mm. My SLCs are not collapsed to the collapsed to the minimum ipd when I look through them. So if my 10 power have the same minimum IPD as the Meopta and I'm not at the minimum setting, why isn't it working?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So if my 10 power have the same minimum IPD as the Meopta and I'm not at the minimum setting, why isn't it working?

Did you have the eyecups screwed out? The only thing I don't like about my Meopta's is they don't have a positive stop for the eyecups except all the way in, or all the way out. But they fit me best right in the middle of that. Anything more or less and they appear to not line up well. Did you try varying heights of the eye cups? I assume the Euro's are the same as the Meopta's for how far the cups go out.

The higher you go in power, the more critical the correct eye relief is.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Did you have the eyecups screwed out? The only thing I don't like about my Meopta's is they don't have a positive stop for the eyecups except all the way in, or all the way out. But they fit me best right in the middle of that. Anything more or less and they appear to not line up well. Did you try varying heights of the eye cups? I assume the Euro's are the same as the Meopta's for how far the cups go out.

The higher you go in power, the more critical the correct eye relief is.

I sure did! I'm assuming here that the Cabelas euro and the Meopta are identical specs...