Angle Compensation on Rangefinder

NDGuy

WKR
I was just looking at picking up a Vortex Ranger 1500 at my local shop and noticed that the Leupold 1200i was on sale for $249.99. The shop owner said the 1200i does not have the angle compensation. Is the angle compensation, extra 150 yards of range, and other features of the 1500 worth the extra $150?

How much of a difference would the angle compensation make?

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I thought the 1200i had angle compensation. My 1200i DNA has it. Maybe there's a model that doesn't???And I prefer the Leupold over the Vortex.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I thought the 1200i had angle compensation. My 1200i DNA has it. Maybe there's a model that doesn't???And I prefer the Leupold over the Vortex.

The guy at Scheels and I read the box and it didn't seem to.

So that is why I am wondering if the lack of the features that the 1500 has justifies the price.

My luepold has angle compensation in it, I am much happier with the luepold than the vortex. I didnt have the 1500 but the vortex I had before started giving me misreadings a lot. My block target would read 11 yards every time if I was under 30 yards. I lost confidence in it and got rid of it.

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on where you hunt and your weapon type. Steep angled shot make s huge difference for bowhunters and muzzleloaders.

I would get one with it. I would also highly recommend the Sig Kilo's. They are leagues ahead of even the previous best rangefinders.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
As far as I can tell the regular Rx-1200i does not have any angle compensation/correction. The RX-1200i TBRw that I own does and it is by far my favorite rangefinder to date. I have owned the Vortex Ranger 1000, Sig Kilo 850, Nikon Archer's choice and a few others. The Leupold ranges black targets consistently which none of the others did, has a specific bow mode that corrects out to 125 yards and is close to if not just as fast as the Sig.