Maven B1 vs. C1

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for opinions on the difference between these two. The price is significant, but so far the C1 seems to be getting great reviews.

warrant

WKR
I just ordered the C1 should be on my door step Saturday. I don't have the B1s to compare to but I do have a set of Viper HD 8x42s I plan to do a side by side with. I am certainly no expert with Binos so it will be fun for me to see the differences. I also have a set of Diamondback 10x42s I am going to throw in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I have in hand both the C1 and B1 8x42 binoculars. While the B1 is a better glass, it is going to be hard to recommend the B1 over the C1 when price is an issue. They will both read the same level at the same distance on a multi colored USAF resolution chart. Mine has black, dark blue, light blue, red, green and yellow charts on the same sheet. The C1 has an understated fov. It says it is 341', but measures 367. The B1 is likewise understated actually being 405' vs the 381 listed. The B1 is a touch better reading green and yellow on the chart. The B1 is a touch brighter, but the two need to be side by side for the difference to come out. Actual field use it is unlikely a difference can be told. Another thing the C1 has in its favor is a pretty small size for a full size 42 mm glass. Maven got a hell of a lot of optic under the hood for $325. If bang for the buck is a major concern, the C1 is the deal.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Steve...been waiting for your impressions of the C1...sounds like a great bang for the buck...I foresee owning a set of these in my not so distant future!

I ended up buying the C1-10x42. Haven't got a chance yet to take them out, but I will. I will say Maven's shipping is fast. I ordered mine at breakfast and at lunch had a email saying they shipped. Quality looks good, it's so smoky in Southern Oregon hard to tell how clear they look. I can see smoke and lots of it. My wife has Nikon Monarchs and Dad has Vortex Vipers so this weekend if we can get out of the smoke I'll compare.

warrant

WKR
How did the comparison go between the Vipers and Monachs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pinewood

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to bump this up in case anybody can add any input on either of these binoculars, after some use so far, this season.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up the Bushnell Legend M's in 10x42 instead of the C1's to replace my older zeiss dialyts. I have an astigmatism and wear eyeglasses... even high end glass doesn't work at times for me. Looked through the Bushnell's and they were a great fit for my eyes!! They are basically a ZR ED3 clone with the same warranty as vortex.. Went home and ordered them off Amazon for 215.00. I would love to look through the C1's to compare sometime...but am totally stoked about the legend M's!

Last edited: