Budget Scope Question 3-9x40mm

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I picked up some Leupold VX6s for my rifles a few years back, and haven't looked back. However, a friend of mine here in Anchorage had his home broken into and lost all his rifles. His insurance check arrived this week. He has his new rifle all lined out, but looking for a good $200/$300 scope in 3-9x40mm. Seems like there is a BOATLOAD, and then some, of scopes in this price range. Any particular one stick out as a good one for the $$?? It will be on a .300WM.

Thanks!

ianpadron

WKR
Leupold VX2 or VX3 gets my vote as well. Was just comparing my new VX2 to my Vortex Diamondback and the Leupy has better eye relief and is WAY lighter

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
Leupold VX2 or VX3 gets my vote as well. Was just comparing my new VX2 to my Vortex Diamondback and the Leupy has better eye relief and is WAY lighter

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'll be looking to upgrade my ancient cheapo scope next season. The eye relief alone is what is drawing me to the leupy. And whichever of the those two my budget allows at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burris Fullfield E1.

I ordered a Vortex, Leupold Vx2 and the Burris to compare before making my selection. The glass on the burris was the best out of them all.
Also the turrets on the vx2 were no where near as nice as the Burris. The burris gives you a positive click eatch 1/4 MOA so you know exactly what your dialing.

Great warranty also.

I've had Nikons and Vortex scopes. They are great, especially if you can get them on sale. But I'm in the process of transitioning completely to Leupold. I have a couple VX1s and VX3s and a VX-R and VX6. They are all outstanding. If you can find one with a Firedot reticle, you won't be disappointed. I have a VX2 ish scope w a Firedot 3-9 that is designed for muzzleloaders and is around $325. Fantastic scope for the money.

swampokie

WKR
I wouldn't overlook the redfields. They have the same lifetime warranty as the leupold now and I think better clarity than the vx-1. I have a couple of them now and I love them. Can get 3-9x40 for under 200$.

I wouldn't overlook the redfields. They have the same lifetime warranty as the leupold now and I think better clarity than the vx-1. I have a couple of them now and I love them. Can get 3-9x40 for under 200$.

I have a pair of their binoculars. Had a warranty problem and tried to contact them both through email and phone. Multiple times over multiple months with no response.... Ended up taking them apart and fixing myself.